Saturday, August 22, 2009

fresh baked yumminess!



It is almost 11:00 p.m. as I sit here and write this blog. It has been a nice, yet busy day. We celebrated Lisa's upcoming baby boy with a shower this morning (I will post those goodies later), which meant early morning baking for me. But, because I wasn't thinking, I also had signed up for snacks for our Sunday School class in the morning. So, I thought it would be appropriate to end my busy day in the kitchen. After feeding the kiddo, I browsed the largest cookbook in the world (i.e. the internet) and stumbled upon a source of bed and breakfast recipes. I thought that this one just sounded delicious. . . Oatmeal Raisin Muffins. They are from the Avenue Hotel B&B in Manitou Springs, Colorado. I made one batch in my mini-muffin pan and it made a little over 48 muffins. . . perfect!

Here is this faboulous recipe.

Oatmeal Raisin Muffins

1 c. oatmeal
1 c. sour milk (or 1 cup milk and 1 tbs vinegar)
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/3 c. oil
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 t. each salt baking soda and cinnamon
1 t. baking powder
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. walnuts (I didn't add these)
Topping: 1/4 c. sugar 1 t. cinnamon
Directions:
To sour milk, add 1 T. vinegar. Let mixture sit for 5 min. Add oatmeal to sour milk and let soak in the bowl while measuring dry ingredients. In separate bowl combine flour, brown sugar, salt, soda, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk together. Add beaten egg oil and vanilla to oatmeal mixture. Pour oatmeal mixture into flour mixture. Combine just until mixed add raisins and nuts. Pour into prepared muffin tins, fill 2/3 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes

If using the mini muffin tins, reduce cook time to 10 mintues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...