Wednesday, March 10, 2010

yummmmmmm!

Last year, for Jon's birthday he asked me to make him a chocolate cake. I found a recipe . . . it had rave reviews. . . turned out. . . it was lacking in taste. Then, a few weeks ago, Jon's parents came over to help with our sprinkler issue and to stay for dinner. Since this was a completely last minute thing, I need a quick and easy dessert. . . with things in my cupboard. I settled on the Hershey's recipe for their perfectly perfect chocolate cake. I figured that the Hershey people really know their chocolate and so the cake couldn't be that bad. Turned out absolutely delicious. I made my own frosting glaze to top it and I just couldn't stop eating it! I loved how dark the color turned out and how tasty the frosting was. mmmm. . . good!
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans. 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans. 3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 10 to 12 servings.


The frosting I used was a combination of powdered sugar, cocoa, milk, and cream. It may or may not have had butter, because honestly. . . I think I may have been out of it. . . it was nearing the end of the month and my supplies were running low. So, I guess you can use your own favorite chocolate frosting or use Hershey's special one. . . the one I would have used had I had most of the ingredients.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...