Friday, April 29, 2011

Chocolate treats galore!!!!!!!!

This year I had the most wonderful opportunity to become our church's MOPs coordinator. I don't think I really knew what I was getting into, except that it would be a fun way to use my spiritual gifts. I have been amazingly blessed with a wonderful steering team that just blew my socks off with their creativity and faithfulness. Our discussion group leaders and mentor mom's each went above and beyond the call of duty planning playdates and bringing treats of encouragement to each of their tables. I have also been amazed at the sense of community that has developed out of this year's group of ladies. There is so much love and respect that pours out of the moms that belong to this MOPS group. I can't wait to start planning for next year!

But, one of my jobs as coordinator was to have an appreciation dessert night for the ladies who serve. I really wanted to make it special because these ladies deserve so much and my budget wasn't that big, so I decided to go with the chocolate fountain route. I have hosted several of these parties with my friend Steph and they have always been the biggest hit. (I won't lie. . . the idea came to me in the shower. . . does that happen to anyone else, or am I just crazy?)

To go with the chocolate fountain, I had jars of skewered marshmallows, strawberries, and pineapple; rice krispy treats, twinkies, cheesecake bites, palmiers, bananas, pretzel rods, graham crackers, brown butter chocolate chip cookies, and Boston Cream whoopie pies. I also had cream puffs to put out, but completely forgot about them until the next day. . . oops!

Instead of using a table cloth on my long, rectangular table, I bought a roll of matching wrapping paper and used it as a table runner.

I also made raspberry sherbert punch (raspberry sherbert + 7up), which made the perfect color of pink to match the party!

We had so much fun! Thanks to all of my MOPS momma's for making my first year as coordinator so much fun! Thanks to all of the ladies involved in leadership. . . You guys ROCK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...