Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Countdown to 3!

My first born turned 3 last week.  In all honesty, I can't believe how quickly the last 3 years have gone and how much has happened in such a short time span.  Ethan is an amazing gift and a joy to be around.  He loves anything that mommy and daddy love. . . that makes me so happy!  He is so much fun to bake with and craft with.  In fact, this year, he asked for a pair of running shoes so he could go on runs like his mommy and daddy. This year, we started a new tradition based on the Christmas countdown paper chains I made in elementary school (I am sure you all know what I am talking about!).  
We counted down from 15 days, which was a lot of fun! He couldn't wait to tear it off and count how many were left every day.  If we forgot, he would remind us.  We will definitely be doing this every year.  We will most likely countdown to Weston's first birthday next Feb, so Ethan can help count for his brother (he's a good helper like that!).

This was so easy to make.  There was hardly any prep work at all, especially since you can cut several pieces of that really thin construction paper (ours comes from Target) at a time.

Materials needed: construction paper, paper cutter, glue, sign. I made the sign on the computer with a fun font and a graphic that I googled and made black (we were out of color ink at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...