Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy valentines day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all my fabulous readers out there (I know you are out there. . . somewhere).  
I hope that you were spoiled rotten sometime this week by somebody special.  I was blessed to be able to get away to the Sycamore Mineral Springs with my husband for a kid-free night (thanks to my wonderful parents).  It wasn't meant to be a Valentine's treat, it just ended up being the weekend we could go.  It had been a year and a half since we had gone away (that was our wonderful trip to SF on our 5th wedding anniversary. . . and the weekend we found out Weston would be joining our family).  It was definitely a much needed weekend away.  Valentine's Day actually brought a letter via snail mail sent from my husband reminiscing on our very first date. . . 8 years ago Valentine's Day.  It's the anniversary of the day he said he was "Interested" in me.  It was the sweetest, most simplest gift he could have done.  I will cherish it forever.   

I made these sugar cookies for our Valentine's Day.  But because our day was filled with Weston's 1 year well baby visit (which included a couple of shots) and Bible Study, I was so tired during nap time that I sat on my butt, watched castle on Hulu and folded clothes.  So, these were baked on Valentine's Day and iced on the day after.  Don't get too impressed.  The cookies are the small sized Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix and the icing is this recipe.  Super easy!  

Then, I treated myself to this coffee.  Seriously, I love Pinterest. . . it is a great source for yummy latte recipes.  I had thought I posted it already, but I can't find it, so here it is again:

Caramel Macchiato
Adapted from here

Ingredients:
2 tbs vanilla syrup
1/2 cup fresh espresso
1 cup milk, steamed and frothy (I used vanilla soy)
3-4 tbs caramel sauce

Directions:
Add ingredients, in order, in a nice big coffee cup of your choice.  Drizzle caramel sauce over the frothy milk and go sit down for a wonderful warm, drink.  


And now for a little Valentine treat. . .


I made these for the ladies on my MOPS steering team.  I love that part of my job is to encourage them in their jobs.  I really enjoy blessing these mom's who are working hard to bless other mom's each month.  

So, these are Hershey's Nuggets (the toffee almond kind. . . my choice, because i think it is better than plain old milk chocolate).  I wrapped them in a wrapper stamped with a stamp from Stampin' Up (I can't think of the stamp name right now, and I am typing this in bed and don't want to get up. . . sorry for my laziness).  

I then put them in a cello bag and put a little folded topper.  The paper is some random scraps I had in my scrapbooking stash and the heart stamp and punch are both SU.  

I am now going to go to bed. . . my pillow is calling my name. . . need to get a few hours in before the little guy wakes up for some middle of the night cuddle time.  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...