Friday, February 03, 2017

WIPs

The other day, I saw an instagram post about surviving on coffee and dry shampoo.  That pretty much sums up this week.  It's been crazy week celebrating our baby errr. . . now 6 year old.  And working on birthday party stuff along with working on the office and finishing a quilt.  So, I thought I would share some of my works in progress with you really quick before I get back to cleaning the house for a family birthday party tomorrow.  

Weston's Quilt
I've been working on this quilt for at least 3 years.  All I had to do was put on the border, baste, quilt, and bind.  I got as far as quilt yesterday and realized that I made a big mistake and so right now it is in the hands of my mom (who is just amazing at fabric!).  I am hoping that it will be done by Saturday, but it might not and so he'll just have to get an I.O.U.  
 
 Operation Office Makeover
I officially almost finished painting (less than a foot by foot square that I couldn't get to).  I put on a Disney Hits playlist and blared it loud while I painted.  Last weekend, we put the desk together and some of the storage pieces so I could paint the other half of the room.  Now that it's done, we just finished hanging the curtains and moving the couch back to it's home.  Our vision is starting to come to life and it's exciting. . . and exhausting.  But, I think it's going to be a room where people want to hang on it.  

Magnolia Leaves
I have been dreaming about decorating with Magnolia foliage ever since I saw an instagram post by @thenester.  Our street is lined with beautiful Magnolia trees. . . except our house and it just sort of felt awkward to bring my ladder and cut trimmings off trees that aren't my yard (even if it's the city's property).  But, yesterday, on the way to school, we noticed the city was trimming the Magnolia's not far from where my kiddos go to school.  So, since we were a little early (unbelievable!), we walked out of the way a little bit to get some clippings.  I carried these clippings all the way to school, dropped off my kids at their lines and walked home with a handful of these beautiful branches.  I'm pretty sure people thought I was crazy.  Weston's teacher's first thought was that it was Weston's 100 day project.  Ha ha ha!  

And that pretty much sums up my week.  Are you working on anything?  Are you trying to accomplish something you've been working on for years and just set aside because other things came up?  Don't give up.  Keep pressing in! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...