Friday, July 17, 2020

Connection Time {July 2020}

Hi all!  Welcome to my July Connection Time, where we all go grab a coffee, tea, sparkling water, glass of wine, or whatever you want to drink and well. . . we sit and we chat.  One of my favorite things to do is gather around the table with friends and coffee and just talk about life.  It's one of the things that energizes my soul and right now it's something we need more than ever.  We are all living fairly isolated lives. . . in some areas you might be opening up.  We are at a point where things are closing back up due our numbers.  In fact, where I live there are so many angry people and some how or another, masks became a point of anger and dissension and i just have no clue.  It's actually kind of sucky.  (that's all I am going to say about that. . . this is not the place for angry comments about masks)

But. . .

Oh my goodness, it felt good to just get away and take a break.  Adventures are good for the soul (especially if you are an enneagram 7 like me!).  I haven't done one of these since the school year ended, because quite frankly I was tired and we decided we needed to get out of town (that will be a whole post on its own). 

So. . . How are you all doing?  California friends. . . are you hanging in there?  Are you finding ways to get creative?  How are you nurturing your soul during this time?  Let's chat!

First, a few thoughts:
:: We are doing something with our front door area to adjust to some new ways we are approaching ministry.  It's pretty exciting.

::  I've been making iced tea with some teaology tea my sister bought me.  It's pretty amazing. 

:: The She Reads Truth summer study is on fire!  If you aren't doing this and are looking for a good summer study, I can't recommend this one enough!  

:: I just bought these masks from madewell and a new pattern to make my own! Bring on a fall of cute masks.  And let's just be real. . . I want to go wander Target and Hobby Lobby. 

We're going to start with the usual questions and feel free to answer one or some when you're done reading through mine.  I'd love to hear from you. . . and really. . . the best encouragement for me are comments!

Outside my window  the sun in shining brightly.  It's summer and hot and we basically live inside or at our friend's pool right now.  This week the mornings have been kind of cool and so we've been out playing basketball before it really gets hot. 

I am thinking
of ways to destroy the black widow living in my squash planter box.  He's huge and fast.  I'm thinking we need a blow torch?  Any thoughts?

From the kitchen
there really isn't a whole lot going on. We are eating lots of ice cream.  There weren't a lot of options for dairy free on our trip (Weston was such a trooper!), but on the way home we ordered our favorite Salt and Straw and then made a Good Pop order.  Both orders have not disappointed and no one is complaining about the amount of ice cream in our freezer. 

I am wearing Fabletics yoga pants and an Under Armour shirt I picked up at the outlets in Park City.  I regret not buying another one. . . it's the perfect workout shirt! It's no longer available, but it is similar to this one.

I am creating I am working on a cross stitching project that is turning out so cute.  I also have some fabric staring at me so after we're done chatting, I am going to go cut out some fabric.

I am going
to be getting my house ready for distance learning.  We had made the decision as a family a few weeks ago, but now it looks like the whole school district is heading that way.  Plus, back to school supply shopping is one of my favorite things. . . so I will be putting together some items that I think will be needed at home during this time.

I am reading books.  Actually, I am trying to get back into the habit I was in before vacation.  I just bought the book Hamilton so that should keep me busy for awhile. 

I am hoping that this pandemic ends.  That is all.  But at the same time, I hope and pray we come out stronger, better people because of it.  I was listening to this podcast before I left and they were talking about how they believe that God is changing the way ministry is done.  I fully believe that God is doing something big behind the scenes and I am living in anticipation to see how this all unfolds. 

I am hearing kids playing with Legos and I couldn't be happier.  No one is arguing and no one is whining. 

Around the House
projects and lego creations are laid out.  The kids backpacks need to be unpacked.  No worries here. 

One of my favorite things is gathering once a week for Bible Study.  We meet in my front yard and sit in lawn chairs drinking cold drinks and watching the sunset.  We are going through the She Reads Truth men and Women of the Old Testament and it has been pretty fantastic. 

A few plans for the week
a wine tasting trip, probably some ice cream eating, and local take out picking up.  Other than that, we are just hanging out at home working on our projects.  Maybe we will even watch Hamilton again!

What I am listening to
we have the Hamilton soundtrack on repeat along with Adventures in Odyssey episodes in the afternoon while we create.  I'm also listening to the She Reads Truth podcast and am hoping to start watching this past February's IF conference and last year's IF lead. 

Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to 

I can't wait to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...