Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Starbucks copycat

Several weeks ago, was one of those weeks where I felt like I baked something everyday. On this particular week, it was my Bible Study's turn to provide snacks for all the other Tuesday morning Bible Studies. I was on a search to make something crumb-like. . . it just sounded yummy. I found this recipe here and as soon as I read the reviews, I knew I was going to make it!
Doesn't it just look good? I have to admit, that I took it to Bible Study and took a picture once getting there. Some of the ladies thought it was funny that I took a picture of food, but I just had to. This was a recipe I would definitely be blogging about this one. . . it's been the best way for me to keep track of favorite recipes lately.
So, a little about this recipe:
:: it uses graham crackers. I wasn't sure about that ingredient, but the crumbles made it so very tasty when mixed with all the cinnamon and sugar! I might even use this crumble recipe in other things, too!
:: I made it in a tube pan - this baked nicely, giving it a great swirl inside (above picture). I did crack a bit in the taking out process because it falls out upside down and then has to be flipped again. I don't think anybody noticed though!

Here's the recipe:

Streusel:
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamon (I didn't have this, so I just added nutmeg instead)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

Cake:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter and flour a tube pan, springform pan, or 8 inch square pan.
Combine ingredients for streusel and set aside.
Make cake: By sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Beat vigorously until mixed and quite thick. . . about 1 minute.
Spread half the batter into your prepared pan. Top with half the streusel mixture. Repeat.
Bake about 50 minutes.
Cool about 20 minutes and remove cake from pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...