Friday, August 24, 2012

The Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie

I may have mentioned before regarding my new addiction.  

Remember these?

yeah. . . those life changing muffins with that incredible dark chocolate peanut butter swirled in?

Oh yeah!  

So, to add to my addiction I made these.
 Guess what.

They look as good as they sound!  I promise.

If I wasn't in the process of making batches after batches of cookie dough for a certain future 4 year old's birthday, I would probably go make some now.

Oh wait, I should probably go make some dough instead of sitting here blogging and getting distracted between Facebook and Pinterest?  Speaking of Pinterest.  Have you checked out my boards lately. . . some super cool things I want to do.  Maybe I will share some of them with you. . . maybe after E's party. . . there's a lot of baking that needs to be done.

See. totally distracted today.  yep.  I think I will leave you the recipe and go make a chocolate cake.    Tomorrow I will make some cookies (let's hope!).


Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies
adapted from here

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed, of course!)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup unbleached flour
1/4 cup dark chocolate peanut butter (yummmmy!)

Directions:
:: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Line your cookie sheet with your favorite lining tool (silpat, parchment paper. . . really, whatever your heart desires to make your cookies not stick).

:: In a mixing bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.  Mix well until nicely blended.  Add flour baking soda, and salt.  Drizzle Peanut Butter on the top of your dough and swirl it around with a butter knife.

::  Chill dough for about 15 minutes (although, I think I may have skipped this part).  Roll dough in balls and place on baking sheet.  Using a fork, press the balls down to flatten slightly (It wouldn't be a peanut butter cookie without the trademark criss-cross, right?).

:: Bake 7-10 minutes.  Make sure your cookies rest for a couple of minutes before moving them to your rack.

:: Pour a glass of milk and enjoy a nice, warm cookie.

1 comment:

  1. C is for cookies, that's good enough for me...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...