Thursday, October 25, 2012

randomness

Ahh.  Sometimes I need to sit back and breathe.  Sorry it's been awhile. . . I've been to the other side of the country and back and it takes a while to get ready and then to recover. . . especially getting back into a routine with my two very active boys!  

This is my quiet time basket. . . in other words, when Weston is sleeping and Ethan is doing his quiet time activities, I can get my stuff done.  It has been easy to just throw some projects into this awesome basket and work on it whenever I need to.  Unfortunately, there have been so many things going on, that has yet to happen. I am hoping that tomorrow, things will get worked on. . . i am not making any promises. :)  On another note. . . the fabric is going to be a fun scrap potholder.  It's for a friend's housewarming present and it is way long overdue!  
My stomach is also recovering from this amazing grub!  North Carolina had some amazing eats and I will confess that I was a bit stressed out that we weren't going to fit all of them in.  I think we did good.  We ate really good food!  This was from our favorite restaurant, Allen & Son, which was seriously a little old restaurant in the middle of a forest that was only open half the week and only til 8pm.  But when the cook/owner rises at 3 to cook the pig and bake some pies, you don't really blame him!  So, if you are ever in the Chapel Hill/Durham area, I highly reccommend this place!  
While my sweet husband was leaning new things at a conference, I went shopping.  Durham had a really cool, new mall that had all these beautiful statues and fountains.  Fun, right?  They also had a Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn Kids and then I was introduced to West Elm. . . LOVE!  Let's just say, some new kitchen gadgets were welcomed into my stash when we got home. :)
And here, some fall, overcastness for you.  I may even just made up a word, but it works, right?  This is one of the really old chuch steeples on the UNC campus.  Fall is just beginning there and I almost didn't want to leave!
Lastly, I will leave you with this concoction of deliciousness. It may even be proof that I have been somewhat productive since we have been home (for the record, I have been working on MOPS stuff, organizing a Boutique, and chasing boys around).  But, these are amazing.  I made them for Jon's lunches this week instead of cookies (I'm almost out of butter) and they were a big hit! 
I mean, if it says it's better than sex, then it must be good, right?  Also, if it has Reeces Peanut Butter Cups in it, it has to be good, right?  Then, add the drizzles of melted caramel, white chocolate, and semi sweet and sprinkle it with a bit of sea salt and it's like a party in your mouth!  I promise!  

You can find the recipe, here

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...