Friday, April 20, 2018

Friday favorites: When I just need a laugh

"Always laugh when you can. It's cheap medicine." 
- Lord Byron

There are some days, I just need to take a break and laugh.  I mean, the ins and outs of some days are just downright boring.  And then, you get on Facebook or watch the news and it's just depressing and people are mean.  Plus, laughing is a good ab workout, right?  The Bible even talks about being joyful and laughing quite a few times!  I googled it. . . there were a lot of verses and I didn't feel like counting.  My favorite is, "Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them."" (Psalm 126:2)

I love laughing.  It is good for the soul, it's contagious and wonderful!  We need to do more of it! So because it's Friday, I thought I would share some of my favorite places that give me little laughter pick me up when I need it.


The Bible Binge Podcast:
This podcast is funny!  Knox and Jamie talk about Bible Stories and their commentary and dialogue is both intriguing and funny!  They just finished season 1 - going through some of the men and women who were in Jesus's lineage.

The Holderness Family:
This family takes popular songs and makes them hilarious!  This is a quick way to get a good laugh really quick!

John Crist:
Sometimes you just need a bit of sarcasm!  And sometimes, I think we just take things too seriously. . . and so he makes fun of all things churchy!

The Babylon Bee:
So, seriously, best satire site ever!  It's like the onion but the things about religion that drive you crazy or maybe you chuckle to yourself about it on the way home from church.  Guess what, you probably aren't the only one!  I will say, I can't tell you how many people think that this site is real news and get so angry about fictional satire.

 Funny Blogs:  There are some hilarious and kind of wrong blogs out there that I occasionally frequent, especially when I just need a mental break!  So, if you need a laugh of some horribly wonderful cakes (and on Sundays absolutely stunning ones!) go visit Cake Wreks. Or the Stuff Christians Like blog .  That one's funny!  Both of these bloggers have books based on their blogs, so that's a great idea, too. 

So, those are some places I'm loving for some pick me up and a good laugh.  Laughter is good for our soul (and our abs!), and sometimes we just need to take a break from the serious stuff that happens during the day.  So, this weekend, I hope that you get to laugh a lot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...