Tuesday, April 17, 2018

What's for dinner? {March 2018}


I'm currently really hungry.  I probably shouldn't write posts about food close to when I need to cook dinner, but that's just how it is today.  So, basically, this post is making me really hungry.  I feel like I
  should warn you, that you might start feeling little tinges of hunger after scrolling through this post.  I don't mean to push your hunger button, but I do want to inspire you as you menu plan, because we can't eat pizza for dinner every night.  Well, maybe we can?

The most popular question I see on Facebook is what do people make for dinner, and how do you menu plan.  These posts are here to help you.  Inspire you.  Motivate you (maybe) to make a plan and not feel stressed out every night when you have to decide what you are going to have for dinner.  Fixing dinner for you family should not be the hardest thing you do all day! 

March was pretty busy.  As I was scrolling through my instagram feed, I realized that we ate a lot of our regular, go-to menu items because we were so busy. You can read more about them here.  We had some pizza nights because we were on Spring Break and we could.  I also found that I made a lot of recipes I have posted in other What's for dinner Posts.   I love it when recipes I try become some of my favorite go-to recipes!  We did try a few new recipes that were big hits, so I thought I would share a few of those really quick and then I am going to go make dinner for my family because they are starting to graze (well. . . they do that all.the.time these days). 


1.  Cilantro Lime Drumsticks
Ethan loves eating chicken with a bone.  It was the first kind of chicken he decided he liked (not counting chicken nuggets) and always asks for me to make them.  I made a double batch of these and we ate them for days.  We used them for tacos, and salads, and whatever.  They were super easy to make and made dinners the rest of the week super easy!  Plus, since soccer started up again, I was in need of quick meals on soccer nights.  I love dinners where you meat sits and marinates while you do something fun, and then you just stick it on the sheet pan and bake away.  Easy Peazy!

2.  Poke Bowl DIY
We recently tried a new Poke Bowl place in town and it was delicious.   So many different options to choose from, it's a little crazy for my hard to decide self.  I really wanted to try it at home. . . I mean, it really was just piling some stuff in a bowl, tossing it in a yummy sauce and then drizzling another sauce over the top.  So, I got a bunch of different toppings, like crab, shrimp and chicken, cilantro, sprouts, zucchini, cucumber, carrots, micro greens, green onions, rice, etc.  I searched Pinterest for different sauce possibilities!  We enjoyed it.  Ethan even loved his bowl creation. . . he is really turning into quite the foodie!  I was going to do a blog post all about this, but honestly it was kind of pricey and it would have been easier to just to go out to dinner.  Some meals are just like that. 


3.  Garlic Lemon Rosemary Skewers
These chicken skewers were absolutely delicious and super easy.  There was a grill fiasco and so I just cooked them up with out the skewers on my cast iron grill pan and it was just as tasty as if I had grilled it outside.  Plus, I got to use some of my lemons from the backyard, which we can't seem to use them quick enough!  I served them with some Alexia brand sweet potato fries and some salad.  Easy Peazy dinner.


And that's all for the month of March.  What kinds of yummy things have you been cooking up in your kitchen?


1 / 2 / 3 /

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...