Thursday, February 13, 2020

From Lost to Found {a book review}

It was a beautiful morning.  My surroundings looked like the mountains, but my nose smelled the fresh, salty sea air.  I sat in my cushioned chair, a delicious lavender latte in hand, listening the story of this sweet new friend.  She shared her hurts, her pain, her struggles and although my story wasn't the same, her story resonated deep within. 

Nicole Zasowski is a wife, mom, and marriage and family therapist. I was so lucky to meet Nicole at our Women's retreat last Spring.  She is just the sweetest!  If we didn't live on two sides of the country, I would probably want to sit down and get to know her more over a warm latte at the local coffee shop! This month, her first book made it's debut, and sweet friends. . . It's a good one! her book, From Lost to Found, shares the story of her and her husband's cross country move and her struggles and hurts during that time.  A big part of her story has to do with the heartbreak of multiple miscarriages.  She so beautifully intertwines to gospel and the promises that Christ gives us as pours out her story for us. 

Her story is not one I want to give away, because I really want you to read this book. But, I will share a little glimpse of how her story intertwined with mine. Something I have always struggled with is my calling.  I feel like it changes with each season and those passions and desires that awaken during those seasons. Sometimes, it can be very discouraging when things don't happen in the timely matter I sometimes think they should (I can be very impatient).  This past fall, I was leading a Bible Study that just struggled.  We were trying something new and it seemed like those closest to me were the only ones really excited about my vision for the study.  It struggled so much that sometimes I wondered if this was what God really wanted me to be doing.  It was so easy to look at my accomplishments and measure my worth based on the results or who showed up.  This left me feeling like a failure and start questioning my calling.  Nicole, so wisely states, "the problem with medicating our pain with performance is that we are only as valuable as our last accomplishment." What wise words.  I keep coming back to this chapter because it really challenged me to rethink some of those thoughts that were sabotaging me being used by God in the way that he wanted to use me.

I really encourage you go to out and pick up your own copy and read this book. (or you can be like me and click here and add it to your Amazon cart)  Nicole has a gift of sharing her story in way that brings you in.  You can easily read this book in one sitting, although I encourage you to take your time and let it soak in.  Underline and highlight.  Maybe even take some time to journal.  Let  her story minister to your soul.  You won't regret it! 


You can follow Nicole on instagram here.

You can listen to her on the Jamie Ivey Podcast her








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...