Friday, February 21, 2020

Valentines Day Wrap Up {Free Printables}

I just love holidays.  I love any excuse to celebrate and have fun and I'll be honest: Valentine's Day is one of my favorites!  It's a wonderful day to celebrate friendship and shower our friends and family with love.  And best of all, this year it was on a Friday . . . a day that I'm pretty sure every teacher was doing a happy dance that it landed on a Friday. . . because while the day is fun, it's exhausting for a teacher.

I spent the morning  hanging out with my husband (who just happened to have the day off!) and delivering cookies to one classroom and than hanging out with third graders and throwing a fun party.  We did some coding and ate food complete with a special Valentine's Day punch (raspberry sherbet and 7 up).  Then went and caught the tail end of my Ethan's basketball game, came home and got ready to take our kids to see Toby Mac in concert.  We were pooped.  The day was such a fun day that we all needed the weekend to catch up. 

This post may seem a little bit late because. . . well, things have been a little insane around here.  Let's just say that this mom does NOT have it all together (a post that I will hopefully write next week) and I am just now sitting here at a Starbucks while one kid climbs mountains and the other does homework and sips his Butterscotch Frappuccino next to me.  So, while Target is ready to move onto Easter and Lent starts next week (Are you going to do the She Reads Truth study?), I am going to talk about Valentine's Day.  I know.  Weird.  But, go ahead and pin these images for next year.  You'll be ahead of the game! 
Ethan loves Harry Potter.  Well, he really just loves books, but Harry and his friends are right up there at the top next to Percy Jackson.  Last Fall, when the Harry Potter line came out at Williams-Sonoma, I couldn't not buy the silicon ice cube tray that had each house!  It would make perfect crayons, which Ethan thought would be so cool!  So, after Christmas we went through ALL the old crayons and miraculously had just enough to do for his entire class.  Thankfully, Weston wanted to go a different direction because we just barely made it!

But, we had enough and they came out so perfect!  I used this silicone ice cube tray. We chose two colors for each one matching each house color.  Once they melted they made this beautiful marbled crayon.  They were a big hit with the 5th graders.  You can find a tutorial on how to make the crayons here.
Weston had approached me a awhile back very concerned for his friends that may not be able to eat all the stuff that usually gets sent home (like himself) and wanted to provide a fun treat that was both delicious and allergy friendly.  So, we stocked up on the Mini Made Good bars and I created a fun Valentine based on the colors of the wrapper as well as the tag line. (Side note:  Made Good Bars are great for schools that have allergy restrictions because they are free of almost all major food allergens).  

I had all the printing done at Office Depot because it is so easy and the quality is really good.  Plus, it is cheaper than me using all my ink cartridge (and that is not cheap).  I just ordered it online and picked it up the next day (actually, I had my BFF grab them on her way home from work because she's awesome!).  This is totally not an ad, just a recommendation because I love them so much! 

I printed them on 110lb cardstock and once they are cut they fit perfectly into almost 4 inch wide plastic bags and then taped them shut with washi tape (because it's fun!).  

And that's about it for Valentine's Day.  So feel free to tap the red "Pinterest P" in the top Left hand corner of the image you want and save it to your Valentine's Day board for next year.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...