Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Teen Outdoor Movie Night Fun

 Welp.  We have a 14 year old in the house!  

I'm going to ignore the fact that he keeps reminding me how close he is to his drivers license and high school and so many other things and instead just enjoy this kid.  I'm going to be honest, I was sort of dreading the teen years, but the reality is they are so much fun.  Thirteen was such a sweet year of junior high, Instagram, new friends and some pretty great conversations and adventures.  He's a great kid and I think we'll keep him (I also don't want him to stop sending me ig reels because they make me laugh and it makes me so happy he thinks I want to see them!).  

 Anyways,  he's now 14 and living his best life as an 8th grader doing all the things.  It's been a hot minute since we've thrown a serious birthday party.  Once they hit 10, we kind of gave them a choice of a party or adventure and then COVID kind of hit and put a damper on all the things.  13 is a bigger trip with just dad and I am not going to lie. . . what was I thinking when I came up with the idea?  But, it's good for dad-son time and I'm going to let them have their thing.  Last year, they went to a football game and then a out of town hockey/soccer back to back trip with a stay at the nearby Westin.  They had fun!  But this year, we wanted to really celebrate him with some of friends (and by some. . . a whole bunch!).  

Several years ago, back before COVID wasn't even on our radar, Jon got really inspired with creating an outdoor movie space to have get build some community in our neighborhood.  COVID hit and those plans kind of went down the drain, but I've always wanted to do a birthday party with the set up, but I could not get everyone on board (and a pandemic. .  . ugh!), until this year, when it just worked out.  Plus, we had some really spectacular weather after a whole week of 110-115 degree heat!  It was the perfect night!

We kept it pretty simple, because teenagers (and co-ed), and at night.  I went with the main colors of black, red, and yellow, with some splashes of blue, because I couldn't help myself.  We had pizza and veggies, a popcorn bar, and s'mores.  Teenagers love candy and pizza, right?  The ping pong table was open for business as well as spike ball and some other yard games, board games and beach balls.  We knew we didn't have enough chairs for everyone, so we set out blankets and a raided the Target clearance pool inflatables and they worked perfect! 

 

 

 This party was so much fun and I am so thankful that Ethan has some pretty great friends that wanted to celebrate him.   Down below, I am going to share my printable as well as tell you where I got everything. Some of the stuff, I had from past parties (I have a box that I keep certain things, like happy birthday banners and bunting).  

 Sources:

Movie Night Banner - Hobby Lobby

Fence signs - Hobby Lobby (they have a great movie night party area!)

Happy Birthday banner - Target 

Printables - click here 

 

Looking for a different party idea (and maybe some free printables), check out these other parties I've thrown. 

 

Thanks again for taking the time to read! See you next time!


 


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...