Tuesday, May 17, 2011

in the mood for chocolate

I have to confess that I haven't been in the mood for blogging this week. I have been keeping so busy that I almost forgot about our upcoming family vacation. . . kind of funny, I guess, but there are preparations that need to be made before going (i.e. laundry, packing, snacks, etc.). Tonight's post is just for my sister (but you can read it too. . . and make it. . . it's delicious! I just might make it again. . . soon!)

I have had a cast iron skillet on my wish list for quite some time and last November, Jon bought me one for my birthday. I have used it a couple of times for bacon, and browning meat, but I hadn't yet experimented with baking with it. I am so excited that tonight I got my chance. We ate all the cookies (I made these on Sunday) and Jon needed something for his lunch tomorrow, so I thought brownies would be perfect. . . dessert and lunch treats. If you don't have a skillet, you could probably make your own modifications and cook it in a 9x9in pan.


Fudgy Skillet Brownies
adapted from Martha Stewart.com

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa (I used Hershey's)
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbs butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
:: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

:: Put skillet on stove and heat at medium heat. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk together to mix.

:: Melt butter and add cream to skillet. Bring to simmer. Add chocolate chips. Stir until mixed. Take off heat and let sit for about 5 minutes. Add to dry ingredients. Stir together and add eggs. Stir until combined. Pour back into skillet and bake for 40 minutes (I took mine out a little bit early).

**** Oh and before I forget, you can add any kind of add-ins you want. I added some white chocolate chips into the batter. . . it was scrumptious! Definitely keeping this one in my files!

Before I go, I have a question . . . please comment. . .

Have you ever cooked out of the magazine EVERYDAY FOOD? Is it worth it to get a subscription?

See you next week. . . I'm going on a much needed vacation with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...