Saturday, January 21, 2012

Apple nachos

I am sure many of you have seen the Apple Nacho craze on Pinterest and have pinned them with the hopes of making them for a secret afternoon snack and then forget about the recipe until you see it pop up on your pinfeed because one of your very close friends also pinned it.  That's what happened to me.  Then, last week at our small group Bible Study, my friend Steph made them for everyone.  Let's just say that a huge platter of the yumminess was completely licked clean.  Jon had stayed home that night with the kids because we have had a Roseola epidemic go through our house last week, so I decided to make them for dessert on Tuesday night.  Let me just say that EVERYONE loved them!  I made a small batch, but they were so yummy I will have to make them again!  I keep telling myself that they must be healthy because all the apples I am consuming. . . fiber and nutrients, right?  

So, I dare you . . . go make these for your family. . . err. . . i mean. . . you.  They are so yummy and addicting! 

Apple Nachos
adapted from Shugary Sweets via Pinterest

Ingredients:
4 Apples, sliced and cored
1/4 cup butter
1 cup to 1 1/2 cups marshmallows (I didn't measure)
Hershey's Caramel Sundae Sauce
Handful of mini chocolate chips
Hershey's Syrup

Directions:
Layer apples on plate.   Melt butter and marshmallows together in a small saucepan.  Spoon melted marshmallow goodness over apples.  Drizzle with caramel sauce and Hershey's syrup.  Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top.  Serve or just eat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...