Sunday, January 08, 2012

Getting my chocolate fix

Some days I just need chocolate.  I am sure you can relate.  Really, I am sure that it is written in some {unknown} book somewhere that mom's need chocolate every now and then. . . and not just a handful of M&M's. . . a nice slice of moist, chocolate yumminess.  Anybody agree? 

And, I am sure most of you would probably agree that on such days, when above mentioned chocolate fix needs to be filled, creating more dishes in the sink just doesn't sound like a way to end the day. . . regardless of the delicious, need-meeting, moist, deliciousness that is quenching your palate's need for chocolate. 

So, on a day (much like the one mentioned above), I found a wonderful recipe for a chocolate cake that would not create havoc in my kitchen or leaving me regretting my decision to bake something.  (thank you, Pinterest!) This recipe, required 1 bowl. . . yes, one bowl (and if you were brave and were planning on eating it straight out of the cake pan, you could even mix everything up right in the pan, resulting in less dishes to clean!).  I honestly think this took about 5 minutes to mix up and then bake.  
Chocolate Pan Cake
adapted from The Whimsical Cupcake


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk


Directions:
:: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
:: Grease a 8 inch pan with cooking spray. 
:: Put all the dry ingredients in to a bowl.  Give it a stir and make 3 holes.
:: Start putting the wet ingredients into holes.  Stir until mixed up.  
:: Pour into prepared 8 inch pan. 
:: Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes and then invert onto a serving plate.  Dust with powdered sugar . . . cut . . . eat. . . savor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...