Friday, May 24, 2013

A little something for the weekend. . .

It's Friday.  This week was a weird one for me.  In all honesty, I'm ready for it to be over.

It's weird not having a ton of stuff to do.  This was the first week in at least a month where NOTHING has been planned.  In that sense, it has been WONDERFUL!  Seriously.  I sat and built train tracks.  I jumped on trampolines at Skywalk.  I took food to a new mom.  I read magazines.  I started to read a book.  I took naps.  It really has been great.
Then there were other things. . . exciting and even a bit stressful. Maybe in some ways this been showing us how blessed we are or teaching us not to be comfortable.  We took down two of our trees in our front yard.  That was exciting... the boys thought it was the coolest.thing.ever!  I'd say free entertainment, but it really wasn't free.

Then, we found out that we needed to replace our AC.  Hello, California in the summer. . . can't really go without.  Apparently the cost to get a new coil to replace the damaged one is almost the same price as a entire new unit.  I am very thankful for a savings account.  But saying goodbye to some other of our plans. . .  Maybe next year?  Until then, we will be cool and content with what we are doing.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy these boys. . .



They make my heart sing. . . even when they are covered in mud and need a bath. . . desperately! 

So, I will leave you with this amazing bread that I made for our breakfast this week.  It was amazing!  I will definitely be making it again!  Plus, it worked wonderfully in my bread maker!  


Cinnamon Swirl Bread 

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter
4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

For filling:
softened butter
brown sugar
cinnamon
white sugar
raisins
nuts

Directions:
Place milk, eggs, butter, flour, sugar, salt, and yeast into bread machine according to your manufacturers directions.   Let it run on the dough cycle. 

Split into into 2 halves.  Roll out dough into a rectangle and spread butter over entire surface.  Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon over, plus any raisins or nuts you so desire (I made one of each).  Roll up from short side of rectangle and stick in loaf pan.  

Bake about 30 minutes at 350.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...