Tuesday, May 21, 2013

For Baby {pink and grey}

The past 6 weeks have been plagued filled with showers (2 bridal and 2 baby).  That means there has been a lot of sewing going on in our house.  In fact, last night, I wasn't sewing and Jon made a remark about how weird it was that it wasn't going.  It was weird. . . but it's nice to have a break (and clean the incredibly LARGE mess I created while creating). This gift was for my dear friend, Bria.  Bria and her husband are in our small group Bible Study and she is just so much fun to be around.  Plus her husband likes to go to crazy things like Lucha Extreme (don't ask. . . but if you're brave, Google it!) with my husband, which means, I don't have to go (Thanks, Anthony!).  I wanted to make something special and this is what happened:
The elephant on the card is from a new stamp from Stampin' Up.  I love girly cards because I get to use girly embellishments (i.e. the pearl).  The printed paper is from my scrap pile. .  most likely from a stack at JoAnn's (purchased when they were 9.99).  I love the combo of orange, pink, and grey!
I put together another scrappy bib with chenile backing.  This time, I added two pink buttons.  I absolutely love the way it came out!  The floral print fabric was from my stash.  It had been a fat quarter that was on clearance at the Cotton Ball, one of my favorite quilt shops, located in Morro Bay.  I knew I wanted to use some of the chevron (call me an addict), from this gift and when I was digging around in my piles of fabric, I knew this was the one!  
I made two chenille lined burpies with the same fabric and added a girly accent. . . hair bows with felt rosettes glued on.  I love the way it came out!  I hope to see pictures someday of this cute little girl wearing them!

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...