Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday ramblings and a recipe

Today was supposed to be a fun day.  We had the days activities planned for over a month.  Then, my littlest  munchkin woke up with a stomach bug.  Bye, Bye fun day.  Oh well.  That's the life of a parent, right?  Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but for 2 weeks just a month ago, we had lots of throw up. I am kind of done with germs.  D-O-N-E.  I am even contemplating keeping my kids at home and never letting them out, but then I figured that wasn't such a good idea.  

By the end of the night it is appearing like our sickly is on the mend. . . maybe it's only a 24 hour bug {me hoping and praying it's over and doesn't spread to the rest of us}.  And now I am sitting here, watching a movie and finishing this blog post that I started earlier today in between little naps of the sickly and playing the 4 year old's version of Monopoly.  

Speaking of Monopoly and a 4 year old:  1. The regular board game and all its parts can keep a 4 year old boy entertained for hours.  Seriously.  Just don't cringe at the mess.  2.  When you get out of the shower and your clothes that you carefully laid out are gone, but you have been left with a stack of 500 dollar bills, just smile and dream. . . and then go hunt down your clothes and pay for them with your stack of money.  True story. . . ask my husband.
And these alone, will make all yucky days better.  Especially if you are a Bakalava lover like me.  They are  perfect for a weekend treat.  Even easier to make!  These are even a bit easier (and fewer ingredients then this recipe).  I for one, could probably eat these every day, at every meal.  Pecans are healthy, right?

Easy Mini Pecan Tarts
By Gimme some oven via Pinterest

Ingredients:
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 large egg
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
15 mini phyllo shells (1 box)

Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except pecans.  Mix well.  Add in nuts and stir until combined.

Arrange mini shells on a baking sheet.  Fill shells with a rounded teaspoon of mixture.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Let cool before devouring.

You may want to make a separate batch if you're in the sharing mood. . . ha ha.

Have a wonderful weekend!  I know mine will be better than today. . . it HAS to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...