Tuesday, June 06, 2017

A Family Shaped by Grace: A Book Review

Families are messy.  I don't think there is really any way around it.  I love my family to death and love spending time with them, but it is still messy.  So, when I got the opportunity to join Gary Morland's launch familyA Family Shaped By Grace, I jumped at the chance for several reasons.  First of all, the book sounded intriguing.  Doesn't everyone desire grace for their family?  The second reason, he just happens to be the dad of two of my favorite authors: Myquillyn Smith (also known as the Nester) and Emily P. Freeman.  It just had to be good. 

I love stories, especially how God gets a hold of his children and sets them on the right path.  This book weaves together Gary's story of redemption and the miracle that happened within his family as he put his trust in God and changed the health of his family life completely for the better.  It's a beautiful story of how God used Gary to put a stop to unhealthy habits that were trickling down from previous generations.

I thought a lot about peace while I was reading this book.  I always think of myself as a pretty peaceful person, but the reality is, I get anxious and antsy about so many things that I didn't use to bother me.  I am not sure if it changed once I became a mom, but I was challenged to believe that I am complete in Him.  My peace doesn't come from my husband, or my sons. . . it comes completely from Him.  I realized in reading this book, I needed to own that.

Throughout the book a part of me would tell myself, "my family isn't that dysfunctional" and then I would read another line and God would whisper that it still applied to my family. There are so many nuggets of wisdom throughout this book that I plan on going back to this book every now and then and checking to see if we are still on course. We are messy, sinful people and when we throw family into that the mess is just magnified, so if you are a part of a family, you should read this book.  It will change you.  I promise! 

You can find this book over here on Amazon. . . Today is the first day it's available. . . Go check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...