Thursday, June 15, 2017

Connection Time: It's been busy!!


Oh my goodness!  It is plum out exhausting ending the school year. . . and I am not even teaching!  We are in our first week of vacation and we are literally playing catch up. . . the house has been forgotten about for 2 weeks and that just needed to change.  It has been a whirlwind of fun though.  We celebrated my mom's retirement of over 40 years of teaching with a big party with friends and family and then we kicked off the end of the school  year with class activities for 4 days straight in BOTH classrooms.  Needless to say, it was exhausting and fun and worth every minute.  We took to the beach on Friday to celebrate the summer and to reset our clocks to vacation mode with a little bit of an adventure.  This week, we are just trying to find our house and to set up a routine . . . and soak in a little bit of quiet. 
The weather got amazing this week and so we got to play games outside in the cool breeze!  That will probably NEVER happen again so, we savored every moment of it!
This beach girl got to go to her happy place.  Bring on the relaxing summer!
Did I mention that we finished up the school year?  It's been a wonderful year with both kids in school.  I think that's a whole blog post though.  Look for that this summer!
We are finally taking care of our bathroom floor and now I want to repaint!
We even fit in a trip with my parents to Yosemite so we could have some time with them before they leave California for the next 4 months!  The falls are at an all time high and it was wonderful!
I am also reading Romans with She Reads Truth.  The cool things is that some of my friends wanted to join me and so we are meeting once a week for the next 7 weeks and digging into God's Word.  And seriously.  Romans.  It's filled with so many nuggets or truth about who God is and what he has done for me!  We are a week late into the study because we wanted to wait til we were all done with end of the school year crazy.  I am reading week one right now and it's amazing! If you need something to get you into God's Word this summer, go check out She Reads Truth.  My husband is even doing the same study through He Reads truth. . . except its all manly over there!  He loves it and we get to talk about it too.  It isn't too late to start. 

So, let's start the summer with getting connected. This is one of my favorite blog posts because it's when I get to share what's going on in my heart and life. . . even the mundane.  And you get to share too!  Just pick one or two or all of them and post them in the comments below, or find me on Facebook or Instagram and share something. 

Here's what's happening around here:

Outside my window the sun is shining. . . it's really hot.  We started the week with the most beautiful below average temps. . . think 70 degrees when it should be triple digits!  The triple digits are back and well. . . we like the cooler temps.

I am thinking
of just how much I actually enjoy the laziness of summer.  I am sleeping in, the kids are letting me.  TV is being watched, not a whole lot of plans, but we are keeping relaxingly busy.  Is that a thing?  If not, I totally made it up.  Next week, I will be sharing how we survive summer and most of you will think I am crazy.

From the kitchen
It's been kind of quiet around here in the kitchen department, but I did make some delicious popsicles (be on the look out for that recipe!) and some plum goodness (Our tree went crazy this year. . . I think it was the rain!).

I am wearing
yoga pants and t shirt. We are cleaning bedrooms and doing some laundry today.  It's all about  comfort for me and I just cannot clean or do things in regular clothes.  Please tell me I'm not alone!

I am creating
a clean house?  ha ha!  Actually, I am trying to get stuff cleaned up so I can start some projects next week!

I am going
on an adventure this weekend and it means some slightly cooler temps and cool ocean breeze and hopefully a little bit of sand between my toes.  

I am reading
a fiction book! I've been reading a lot of non fiction lately and I have a stack of fiction that I picked up in the discard section at the library. . . working my way through that stack.  Did you see the post on the book A Family Shaped by Grace?  You should read that one!  The book has some crazy wisdom in it and some really neat ideas.  Also, if you buy your book by the end of next week, you can get a freebie video from the author! He's awesome, so you should check that out!

I am hoping that the boys get their bedroom cleaned with a lot of intervention. . . but that's wishful thinking.  Right now I think a sword fight is happening instead of them working.  Bleh!  I wish sometimes we could just snap our fingers and be done with the hard stuff!

I am hearing
kids playing instead of cleaning. . . ugh.  Also the clothes in the washer just finished so I should probably start another load.  Exciting things, huh? 

Around the House
things are getting cleaned up.  The busyness of the last few weeks left this house in a bit of disarray.  But, this week, we are weaving cleaning with fun and tackling part of the house each day.  Tomorrow our new bathroom floor gets installed and I am so excited!
 
One of my favorite things
is Pinterest!  Seriously.  This summer, our goal is to try something kid friendly from Pinterest and share it with you guys on the blog.  We will share our fails, or suggestions, and the fun factor. This will start next week. . . Be on the lookout! 
 
A few plans for the week:
This week, we are cleaning, getting new bathroom floors, going back to the beach (a different one that last weekend) and taking Jon to a soccer game for Father's Day.  We are grilling up some veggies for Father's Day and spending time with Jon's family.   I am also reading through Romans with some sweet friends and meeting with them once a week! It's like a girls night each week. . . it might be what keeps my sanity over the next 2 months!



 Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public. 

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...