Friday, June 30, 2017

A Pinterest Summer: Directed Drawing

We are three weeks into the summer and I have accomplished quite possibly nothing on my "hope to get done over the summer" list.  It's quite possible that we are full on summer-ing over here.  The house is in a constant state of mess because there are crayons, papers, books, and pillows everywhere.  Forts have been built, taken down, and rebuilt. Our only commitment has been swim lessons. . . and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing that is!  We seriously have become serious homebodies this summer!   At the end of the day, my greatest accomplishment might be that I kept the kids alive. . . and the dishes got put in the dishwasher! 

One thing we have been getting done is our weekly Pinterest Project. . . because I thought it would be fun.  I honestly have no regrets because we are all having fun doing new things.  Also, Pinterest is a fantastic resource for finding inexpensive ideas to keep your kids busy.  Today's is one of my favorite ones because it is my go-to activity with the kids when we are on a break.  In fact, we will probably do this one more than once before the end of the summer!
Today, I am going to introduce you to Directed Drawing.  You might have seen these before, but if you haven't they are basically step-by-step drawing instructions for kids.  I usually do them along with the kids so they can see how to do it.  On the day we did this, they got super excited and picked out an armadillo drawing.  It wasn't my first choice, but they came out so cute!  These drawing activities help grow fine motor skills and help boost their confidence when they see that they drew something that kind of looks like what they were going for. . . I mean, just look at Weston's face!
We used watercolor paper, which is a bit thicker than regular drawing/painting paper, which we've used in the past.  Usually, we go over the drawing part in oil pastels or a sharpie, but I forgot.  We went straight for the watercolors and it still came out wonderful! 

Here's the link to the armadillo directed drawing.

If you want more, just search directed drawings in the Pinterest search bar. 

If you missed last week's post all about pool noodle fun in the backyard. . . check it out here.

Do you have a pin that you are curious about and want to see us try to tackle it?  Message me or send the pin my way.  You can follow me on Pinterest here. 

Have you tried a pin this summer?  Post it on FB or IG and use the #oftrbsummerpinchallenge . . . maybe you will make it on the blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...