Thursday, November 08, 2018

Connection Time {Nov. 2018}

 I had coffee with a sweet friend yesterday and I was reminded just how good for the soul it is to slow down, sit, talk and laugh with friends.  It has been such a busy month full of some adventure and lots of busyness.  I know we can't all sit down and have coffee together (I mean, if you're local. . . let's chat!), but we can take some time and have a conversation via the world wide web.

If you are new to the blog, I like to do these posts about once a month so we can take a break and catch up with real life.  This is a chance for you to get in on the conversation and leave a comment.  I would love to hear your side of things.  It is my goal each month to take the time to stop and connect.  I tell you a little bit of what's happening, keeping it completely real, and then I use some prompts that I fill out and then you can fill out in the comments.  This is a great way to establish community and realness on this site.

So, let's talk about life. 
 We took a few days and headed Southwest to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.  It was a great adventure, where the kids worked on homework in between riding a train, exploring, and feeding wild donkeys in Oatman, AZ.  I'm planning on doing a blog post about it and starting a new travel section on my blog.  The kids had fun trying to see what sights along Route 66 were adapted for the movie Cars. 

 We also had family pictures done by one of my sweet friends.  She is raising money for her and her husband to go to Isreal next Spring and takes the most fantastic pictures!  I can't wait to get them back!  Also, this kid loves having his picture taken! 
 My hubby found out that he got to go to a conference in North Carolina and I got to tag along.  It was one of those trips that we didn't think would happen and it did.  While Jon was learning all sorts of science/air quality stuff, I spent some time with my Google Maps and went on a National Landmark hunt.  I found this old plantation that was just gorgeous.  I didn't have to go far to find places where amazing things had happened.  I also got to head to the Duke campus and check out the Chapel that I had seen so many pictures of.  It was breathtaking!

All that adventuring really energized me and was totally something that I needed.  It has been an incredibly busy fall and I was getting word down and in desperate need of margin.  Exploring new things really fills me up!
 We took some time to see the sunrise and the hot air balloons and as exhausted as we were, it was completely worth it.  It ended up being a random were Ethan didn't have a soccer games, so we came home and napped.
 We also managed to fit in a soccer and a football game in.  I'm seriously astounded at how much we've been doing!  The kids went to their first Fresno State game and it's safe to say Ethan was in love.  Our team is ranked this year and that makes it so much fun!

Now, it's time for the prompts.  First, I will answer them and then at the end there will be the same prompts all ready to copy and paste in the comments.  You can do one or as many as you want.  I love to hear from you (seriously it makes my day to get a comment!). 


Outside my window the leaves are finally changing.  We have a big tree in our front yard that got trimmed yesterday and it's little leaves are usually raining down on our front yard.  It's probably one of my favorite things about Fall.

I am thinking
about quiet and margin.  I'm looking forward to things stopping for the season so I can fully enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas season.  My husband is also asking me what I want for my birthday and I am not really sure.  Ideas are welcome!

From the kitchen
I have baked up a storm!  I have a new cupcake recipe headed to the blog soon and I've been updating some new ones.  Stay tuned for some flashback recipes from back when I first started this blog with new updated pictures.

I am wearing
jeans, a sweatshirt, and my white all stars. . . Going comfortable today!

I am creating. . .
hmmm. . . this one is hard.  I am not working on much until I finish some baby gifts that I haven't had time to work on.  My goal is in the next week they will be done!  Then I have a sewing project that I am going to work on for a tutorial.  I also have a few Paper Pumpkin kits that are begging to be done and a few albums to work on.  The list could go on!

I am going
to my son's soccer practice this afternoon with a detour by Starbucks for happy hour!  First of all. . . it's now dark the whole practice and it's been a bit chilly, so a hot latte just sounds perfect!  Also, it's happy hour, so I've gotta take advantage of that! 

I am reading
SO MANY THINGS!  My list is pretty much the same, but I've been distracted by Bake from Scratch's holiday baking magazine.  So many wonderful looking recipes! 

I am hoping to get some things finished now that things are slowing down.  Tomorrow I need to get some cleaning done so I can start our front bathroom cabinets! I'm so excited for a new project!

I am hearing
The clinking of Legos from the room next door.  Weston is creating something, I'm sure.  Ethan is quietly reading his Harry Potter Book. . . I should be hearing the guitar soon.  I love afternoons like this.  Quiet and relaxing! I'm going to enjoy it before heading to soccer!
 
Around the House
remnants of Halloween are still around.  Keeping the pumpkins and fall decor out until after Thanksgiving.  I can't bring myself to decorate for Christmas this early! 
 
One of my favorite things
are coffee with friends and quiet days.  But, if you are looking for something physical. . . I am loving library apps overdrive and rb digital.  Checking out magazines is saving us so much money and is allowing Weston and I to read when it's dark at practice! 


A few plans for the week
are finish a quilt, have an outdoor movie night, and slow down and read.

What I am listening to
we've been listening to Diamonds by Hawk Nelson a lot lately because it's Weston's favorite!  I love hearing his little voice sing the words to the songs! 

Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...