Friday, November 02, 2018

Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies perfect for Fall!


Happy fall y'all!

I don't know about you, but it has just plain out crazy over here.  So I ran away.  Well, flew away is more like it.  My husband had a conference in North Carolina and I went with him for some exploring and kid free time.  I got to see fall leaves and experience cooler temps (and a lot of other things, but I am going to blog about that later).  Then, I came home and jumped right back into reality and our leaves starting to change.  Insert happy, happy heart right here.  Fall is my absolute favorite.  The cooler temps, layering clothes, the colors of the leaves, the anticipation of Christmas.  Soon the neighborhood ginkgo trees will turn their bright yellow and I will probably swoon and take lots of pictures because it just makes my heart so happy to watch the leaves change. 
But, before I left, I made some new cookies that Weston picked out from the new Bake From Scratch Holiday Cookie magazine (which you should totally buy because every single recipe looks amazing!).  We couldn't wait until Christmas to make Christmas cookies! Plus, the spices in this cookie remind me of Fall and since the leaves are changing and Halloween just passed, this recipe is a must make for your fall entertaining or after school snack, or even for a family movie night snack.  These did not last long. . .everybody gobbled them up like they were the best things ever!  You really don't need any excuse to make this except that they are amazing!  So, I am going to get this recipe up and this blog post posted and go find my office - it's a disaster!

Spiced Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
adapted from Bake from Scratch, Holiday 2018

Ingredients:
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup plus 3 Tbsp flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground cardamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
2 3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, chopped
Flaked sea salt for finishing

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream together butter and sugars until nice and fluffy. . . this takes a couple of minutes, don't get impatient.  Scrape the edges every now and then to make sure it all gets fluffy and not just the insides.  Beat in each egg and add vanilla.  Slowly add all the dry ingredients, including the spices and beat until combined.  Then add chocolate chips and almonds.   Mix until well incorporated. 

Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Trust me. 

Scoop nice, rounded balls onto cookie sheet and sprinkle with flaky salt. 

Bake for 12ish minutes.  Let them cool for a couple minutes on the pan before moving them to a wire rack. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...