Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas is coming and a free Printable

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It feels weird to say that last March and April we longed for Christmas in hopes that this Covid craziness to end and here we are and it hasn't.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that it is worse than it was in March.  This Christmas season has been so hard and in many ways, it has been a fight to keep our joy in the midst of some heartache and sadness.  But, even in the midst of all the feelings that are floating about, we have been able to continue with a few of our traditions and well. . . it does the heart good! 

One tradition that is a big favorite is our annual Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt Adventure.  We started this last night on a slightly failed attempt to look at Christmas Lights, but will hopefully finish tomorrow night in our own neighborhood.  I blogged about it several years ago here  and even have a free printable.  Believe it or not that post is 7 years old and that list has needed to be updated, so this year, I finally made a new one with various lights we've seen around our neighborhood and town.   

I've always had dreams of doing this with my kids and their friends and splitting up into teams and making it a fun gathering.  Unfortunately, this year it just isn't safe to hang out with friends and so we're sticking with a friendly competition with the 4 of us.  It's still way fun!  

You can print the new updated version of the scavenger hunt here

 

There are a few other things on the blog if you need something:  

:: You can elf your neighbors. . . there's still 3 days left until Christmas and maybe your neighbors need a little cheer. 

:: You can spoil your delivery drivers. . . even through the new year. . . They need a lot of love right now! 

:: Run out of tags or forget to buy some?  Never fear. . . I made some quick printable ones right here. 

:: Need a quick Christmas cookie?  These are my favorite!  The cranberry bar recipe tastes like the Starbucks cranberry bliss bar!

:: This recipe is a favorite for Christmas morning! It looks gorgeous, too! 

:: And some encouraging words about Advent from 2015 me. 


This is my last post for 2020 and I just want to say thanks for taking the time to read my words.  I know this year has been hard.  Each of us have been rowing along in our own boats and navigating difficult waters.  I have no idea what life looks like in your boat and maybe my ramblings or home improvement projects were weird during such a difficult year, but thanks for sticking with me as we navigate through this time of uncharted uncertainty.  I do know that in the midst of all this, I am so thankful for my relationship with God.  He has comforted me and calmed my anxious heart so.many.times!  He hasn't listened to my frustrations and to be honest, my complaints, yet He still loves me and cares for me.  He cares for you, too! And despite so many hard things happening this year, I am so thankful for the rest and time with my kids and husband.  We have taken so many walks over the past 9 months and I am treasuring those conversations, giggles, and miles deep in my heart.  It has been weird with the absence of sports and church activities, but with that has come a season of much needed rest and for that I am thankful.  

I'm taking the next couple of weeks off to hang with my family and celebrate Christmas.  You can still find me on Facebook and Instagram.  I hope you will join me in 2021 as we continue for find creativity in the midst of motherhood. . . or life. . . or whatever season you are in.  Come join me! 

Have a wonderful Christmas!  And a Merry New Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...