Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Being a blessing {Free Printable}

As a kid, I remember the mail man who had the route on our street.  He would talk to my dad at the mail box like old friends and he knew us by name.  Every year, my mom would make a batch batches of her pomegranate jelly.  She would always stick a jar in the mail box for our our mail man.  It was one of those memories that I always wanted to copy, only there are a few differences in my childhood compared to my present.  First of all, I live in a much larger town, where the person who delivers my mail could be anyone of 5 or 6 people.  Some of them more pleasant than others (as in my mail doesn't always make it to my front door and when the kids were little, they would ring the doorbell as loud as they could during naptime even though I asked them to knock), which makes it sooo hard.  I also, don't have a mail box. . . it goes directly into my house, which is a bit harder to surprise someone with. 

Until, a week or so ago (I don't remember), a friend posted on instagram this basket with goodies for their delivery guys.   It was so cool!  And totally not something hard to do either.  Just some stuff out of the pantry and a sign.  All this to say thank you to them for saving us time on our shopping (thank goodness for Amazon Prime!).  I couldn't help but copy her. . . it was such a wonderful idea!

I grabbed some snacks that I had bought for the kids, some coke minis, sparkling water (because I'm obsessed, some bottled water, granola bars and M&M's and threw them in a bin I had laying around.  Then, I quickly designed a simple little sign and stuck it outside.  Seriously the easiest thing that can make such a big difference in someone's day. 

Yesterday morning, our mail man rang the doorbell with one of our orders, and he was just so grateful for the goodies.  He said it really helps them!  I'll be honest with you, I wasn't even sure they would take anything, because I had stuck ice cold waters out during the summer for them and no takers (and our guys walk our streets delivering the mail in triple digit heat!).  But, this guy, was honestly grateful and it just made my day that he could be blessed! 

Want to join in the fun?  

You can print out your own sign here.  

 Let me know how you are using it by using the hashtag #outoftherightbrainblog.

Have a wonderful day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...