Thursday, September 14, 2017

Catching Up

It's been a few weeks.  It's funny how quickly life gets incredibly busy that when you finally sit down, you really don't want to do a blog post.  I can't tell you how much I just wanted to sit here, with a cup of coffee and write.  I love this little community here at my blog and so I thought I would just check in really quick and let you know that I am alive and have officially come to the point where a lot of things have slowed down.  Today, is that turning point.   The last two weeks have been quite the whirlwind of crazy.  A good crazy.  An excited crazy.  An exhausted crazy.   I am sure we all have seasons where we just have more to get done than hours in the day, right?  Oh, please tell me I am not alone!

First of all, I would love to welcome all of the new visitors that have come and checked out this little blog I call home.  Some of you have found me through Pinterest. . . crazy how that works.  And some of you have found me from a friend.  Welcome.  I am so glad you are here.   I am Jolie and this is where I share my heart, my favorite recipes, and some things creative.  I believe that God made us creative and wants us to be creative too.  So, this is that space.  Welcome! 

Next, let's catch up! 
 We went to the beach.  Honestly, that was amazing.  We go every Labor Day weekend with  family, eat lots of brown butter cookies and play at the beach.  This year it was HOT!  Way hotter than normal for a central coast beach town and no air conditioning!  No joke!  We still had a blast.  The kids splashed around in a cold Jacuzzi, we chased waves, went on a scavenger hunt, celebrated birthdays, and Weston caught his first fish!   Plus, it was great to slow down for a bit. 
 Our oldest, Ethan, turned 9.  This is my favorite picture from his party (which I will post soon). We had a mad scientist party and boy was it fun!  The kids are still talking about it!  But seriously.  How is he 9?  They don't joke when they say it flies by!  Moms of babies. . . go hug your infant and toddler for a few extra minutes for me. 
 My kitchen was clean for about a day.   I snapped this picture so I could remember it later this week (like today) that it can be clean.  This is probably the hardest place for me to keep clean because it's the center of our house, it's where the cooking, the homework, play dough. . . everything piles up!  A lot of stuff happens in this space.  It's really hard to keep clean!
 I bought flowers for my dining room table.  9 year old boys don't care.  We were outside all night.  I am enjoying them.   They just make things happier.  Maybe that's just me?  Also. . . it's probably time to take down the 4th of July stuff, right?  Bring on the Fall!
 I had a big time oopise on Sunday.  Let's just say, I need to remember to check the oven before turning it on.  I think Ethan will forever have that rule ingrained in his head.  I had stuck the leftover rice krispy treats that didn't get made into molecules for the party in the oven to get them out of the way.  I forgot them.  The next morning, I asked Ethan to preheat the oven and get the cinnamon rolls out (you know those annoying cans of Pilsbury ones that taste just the best. . . they are our Sunday tradition!).  And when they went to put them in. . . the smell. . . oh the smell.  Burnt plastic is not pretty.  The smoke. . . oh the smoke!  Needless to say, I had to buy another pyrex dish with the lid.  Lesson learned.  Again.  Always check the oven before preheating. 

Also know. . . I may make delicious things. . . but I also mess up.  Don't get sucked into the lie that everything is perfect for bloggers, because it's not. 
I made these cookies yesterday and they were wonderful.  We had our room parent orientation last night and those parents gobbled them down!  Make them.  They will be the perfect way to start your weekend.  Also.  Don't skip the almonds.   It's well worth it.  It takes oatmeal chocolate chip cookies up several notches.  Seriously.  Make these! 
And lastly, we started Bible Study this week and the excitement that emerged from this woman filled room was off the charts.  For some reason, my sweet friend put me in charge of encouraging the ladies in scripture memory.  It's probably the area I struggle the most with.  Probably because it means slowing down and concentrating on some words.   It's hard to slow down and take the time to do it, but when you do it is sooo worth it.  Those words, hidden deep within my heart, come to my mind when I need them the most.  So, you will probably see lots of tips and fun things over on instagram on how to memorize scripture.  

So, things have been busy.  But, a fun and exciting busy as this new school year has started.  I am so excited where this year is going to take us and can't wait to share some fun things that just sitting in folders on my computer and in my brain.  Oh, the ideas!!! 

Also, if you feel like it, please share my blog with your friends.  I would love to grow this little blog and this community that is growing here. 

Have a great Day!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...