Tuesday, January 17, 2012

artichoke tapanade

I checked Facebook this morning and saw snow. . . lots of it. Not here though.  We are just cold and dry.  In fact, it hasn't rained in forever. . . it's supposed to rain in a few days . . . I can't wait.  

My oldest is sick right now.  Just a fever, most likely roseola. His brother is just getting over his case of it.  It's a quiet day full of movies.  I maybe strange, but I don't mind a feverish kid every now and then.  It is kind of nice to slow down.  

Preparations for Weston's first birthday party are underway.  I am really excited about his party and how everything is turning out.  There is even a sewing project in the works and I can't wait to share it with you!

So, for today, I am going to leave you with these:
 yes. . . they are yummy. . . but wait until you hear what they are. . . artichoke tapanade over toasted baguette.  Let me just say that they are amazing!  
 I made these awhile back, for my Pampered Chef Christmas Open House.  Which means it is a Pampered Chef recipe that was made for one of their newer products, the manual food processor.  At this time, I didn't have the product, so I just used my good old, reliable plug into the wall and push Go and it will process.  It worked great (of course!).  I do have that special tool now, and maybe later I will give it a review.  
Ahh. . . a close up.  Makes me want to go and make these right now.  Good thing I am out of artichokes, because there is no way that eating ALL of these will help me win my war against extra Jolie. You can go and make them. . . I promise, you won't regret it!


Artichoke Tapenade
Adapted from Pampered Chef


Ingredients:
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley 
1 garlic clove, peeled 
1/2 cup pitted green olives (I used black on accident and it still was amazingly good!)
1 tbsp capers
5 tbsp olive oil 



Directions:
Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until thick and creamy.  Cut baguette into thin slices and lay on cooke sheet.  Place under broiler for a 1-3 minutes until lightly toasted.  Put a dollop of tapenade over each slice and place on serving tray.  This makes a wonderful appetizer!  

1 comment:

  1. i was sooooo craving this the other day. . . . .i think you should make it for friday night!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...