Monday, January 30, 2012

Weston turns 1: a woodland party

Weston's first birthday is Wednesday.  I can't believe that it's been a year since he decided to make his entrance into the world (a little early and unexpected, but completely welcomed!).  I had a lot of fun putting the stuff together for this party.  I know that he will remember nothing, but I love doing parties!  It is so much fun!  

This party was really easy because we chose to do desserts rather than a full meal.  That made it so much easier for both Jon and I that we actually had a few minutes to breathe before our guests started arriving.  (I highly recommend going the dessert route. . . it is so much more relaxing!).  

Here is the dessert table at a glance.  I will admit I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, but I was very happy.  Every thing seemed to work out great!  Here is the overview and this week, I will spotlight one item each day with the recipe, or tutorial in honor of Weston's birthday. 

W is for Weston sugar cookies with orange frosting.  

Funfetti cake balls with green candy coating and sprinkles. 

Cinnamon Bun caramel popcorn in coned holders. 

Chocolate cupcakes with orange butter cream frosting. 

Trail Mix

The dining room table: Green wrapping paper for table runner, tree houses, and homemade trees.  Then I scattered rocks, pine cones, and moss in between everything. 

Banner.  We put the presents right underneath it on the fireplace. 

High Chair. 
"I am 1"

High chair with balloons. 

The shirt:  This year, Weston's shirt spelled out the words ONE.  It turned out so cute with the orange striped shirt  (Crazy 8) that I found.  The brown fabric is a heavier linen.  

Happy Birthday, Weston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...