Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Connection Time {April 2018}

I have a major case of Spring Fever.  The weather is just perfect and kind of beachy today, which is my absolute favorite!  It also doesn't lend itself well to getting anything done.  All motivation is gone and the book I bought last week is calling my name.  Actually, lots of things are calling my name and I want to do them all but I don't know where to start.  Anyone else feel like that ever? 

Anywhoo, I am totally distracted today so, let's get this show on the road.  Connection Time posts are my favorite because you get a little peak into my life and if you want, you get to join in the conversation.  It is my heart and dream to create a little community of mom's who find joy in the pretty, love to create, and want to grow closer to the Ultimate Creator  as we navigate our life as a mom, wife, and woman.  One of those ways, is by this post, where we just take a few minutes, sit down and talk via this post. . . kind of like we are having coffee together.  So, go grab a coffee, sparkling water, iced tea, coke, glass of wine, whatever you feel like and come join me.
 
Outside my window
the sun is shining, the garden boxes are soaking in that sun and I kind of want to be out there soaking it all in! 

I am thinking of
about a 100 different things right now.  Lots on the to-do list and not enough time.  But, the one thing that I am doing a lot of thinking about is sewing.  It's been ages and I really want to sit here and create. 
 
From the kitchen

 I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies earlier this week that were amazing and got gobbled down by my people and the ladies at Bible Study. 

I made the buttermilk biscuits from the latest issue of Bake from Scratch and it made so many I froze them.  They have been coming in handy for quick breakfasts with eggs and leftover bacon for the boys.

I also think that a batch of these pancake sticks is due. . . the boys need some food that they can make themselves for breakfast!  
 
I am wearing my
favorite skinny jeans and my super soft she reads truth Tee.  So cozy!  
 
I am creating 
nothing at the moment, but I just bought some Pete the Cat fabric and I can't wait to get started on some library totes for the kids books!  Also, Ethan's quilt is in pieces ready to be finished, so I should probably get on that and I have a few My paper pumpkin cards to make.  I really need summer to be here!  ha ha!

I am going
to a gym now.  My dear, sweet husband decided that we needed to join the Planet Fitness not far from our house and I went last night with some friends and had so much fun working out. 
 
I am reading
Emily Ley's book Grace not Perfection right now.  It's one of those books that I have eyed for awhile and I finally picked it up last week at Target and Oh, my goodness!  It totally speaks my heart.  I love how books totally fit into what's happening in our own hearts.  We also just picked up Auggie and Me at the school book fair and I started that late last night (I had to steal it from Ethan!) and am rereading A Wrinkle in Time before I see the movie.  I haven't read it since 6th grade and I remember not being the biggest fan of it, but as an adult, it's wonderful! 

I am hoping
and praying that I don't have to go into Jury Duty later this month.  The whole idea of it just stresses me out.  It's a busy week and I don't like cancelling things I have been committed to, plus trying to deal with pick ups and drop offs.   So, if you feel like praying. . . I could use it. 
 
I am hearing
quiet.  The kids are at school and I just realized it's lunchtime and it didn't even occur to me! Ha ha! 
 
Around the House
I need to get some clothes put away and do some cleaning before I an sit down and enjoy one of those books I mentioned earlier.  Oiy. . . it never ends!
 
One of my favorite things
Is my new brush.  I am loving this one.  It gets the tangles out and makes my hair so shiny!  Best purchase ever!
 
A few plans for the week
We've got soccer practice, and a game, along with open house for the kiddos.  Jon and I recently fell in love with one of our local coffee shops and I think we are going to go sit there and enjoy the quiet.  I might try to sneak in a bike ride with the kids this weekend. . . maybe today.  I don't know!  I do know that The Greatest Showman is probably going to be playing nonstop all week. . . which is okay, because we all love it! 
 
What I am listening to
is not a lot.  I am kind of weird and blast Disney music when I need a pick me up and the kids and I just dance around belting all the hits!  We are weird like that!  Also, we cannot get enough of the music from the Greatest Showman. . . if you haven't seen it, please go see it. . . you won't regret it!

Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to 

1 comment:

  1. Outside my window: I just saw the postman deliver a package. Its for Bradley from Gabe's uncle back East.
    I am thinking about what could be in the package!
    From the kitchen I started organizing some trays for a gathering we're having at our house on Sunday. I hate procrastinating!
    I am creating in the garden! I just bought more veggies and I can't wait to get them in the ground.
    I am going to have popcorn and soda tonight with Gabe for our weekly movie night without the kids!
    I am reading LOTS of early childhood text books from my past!
    I am hoping I get a call from Reedley college interested in interviewing me for an adjunct teaching position!
    I am hearing the washing machine complete its spin cycle
    Around the House I just cleaned out some furniture from our dining room as we await the delivery of a larger dining room table that is being donated through a few local churches to fost/adopt families!!!!
    One of my favorite things is my quiet time in the morning when I can sip my tea in quiet!
    A few plans for the weekend --- I'll be attending a church tea on Saturday with Olivia!
    What I am listening to I just turned off Toby Mac cause the littles are in the rooms for quiet time.

    Loved reading your list Jolie!! Now I'll be looking over your directions for that Ca fingerprint art!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...