Thursday, December 13, 2018

39

I'm currently sitting here, computer on my lap, staring at wrapping paper and ribbon scraps watching The Holiday.  It's crunch time to get things done because tomorrow at 2:30 we will officially be on vacation.  But, before I head to pick up those sweet boys of mine, I wanted to take a minute and reflect on something.

I turned 39 last month.

As in 40-1.

One year away from the Big 4-0.

There is a small part of me that still feels like the girl that just graduated from college.  I really feel like I just celebrated my 30th birthday with friends and family with the most delicious cupcakes.  But as I look back and really think about it, I am astonished about how much has happened since that little party 9 years ago.

Weston was born, Ethan started school and then a few years later Weston joined him. We traveled a lot, including some pretty big trips with our kids.  We started putting our heart into our house and making it a home with a few upgrades.  I learned how to make bread and have managed to keep sourdough starter alive for almost 2 years (I'm pretty proud of that one!).  I'm sure that there are more, but these are the things that stand out right now.

I know that a lot of people make bucket lists  of things they want to accomplish before they hit their 40th.  I don't really know that I want to make a bucket list, but I do want to set some goals to accomplish in the next year.  Goals that are more than just checking some fun things off a list, but goals that grow me as a person, wife, and mom.  Goals that grow me closer to God.

I thought I would share them with you because if I put them down here and make them public it will hold me to it.  And maybe. . . just maybe one person will ask how are things going?  Accountability is wonderful and such a good thing.

So. . . here it goes.

:: Complete my new Cultivate Prayer Journal.
:: Dig into and finish several She Reads Truth Studies.
:: Embrace bravery and write more (this is a big one because rejection is oh, so hard).
:: Slow Down. Breathe.  Say no to more things and hang out with my kids more.
:: Read more books. . . and finish them!
:: Finish some projects.
:: Travel (we already are planning our next big trip!)
:: Try baking Croissants and master macaroons.
:: Get to know more of our neighbors.
:: Ship-lap some walls.
:: De-clutter.  Throw things away and de-clutter.
:: escape for a weekend with my husband once, maybe twice.
:: keep working out and eating healthy (most of the time)


And that's my list.  I've already said no to some pretty big things and it's going to be weird not having them next Spring.  At the same time, when I said no, I felt lighter and less stressed out.  So, I am excited to slow down and leave room for growth and see what ways that God moves.


So, last year in my 30's, let's do this.  Let's live life and slow down and see what God is doing and how he's working.


2 comments:

  1. I love the list! All great things. I've been wanting to tackle croissants and macarons too,and 2019 seems like the perfect time. Happy 39th birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Let's declare 2019 the year of croissants and marcarons!

      Delete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...