Thursday, December 20, 2018

Cardamon Vanilla Latte at home

Five Days until Christmas. 

That can either stress you out or make you excited with anticipation of watching your loved ones open carefully picked out gifts, wrapping paper wars, and delicious goodies.  I am certainly a little of both.  I have been hanging out with my boys as much as possible and doing some baking, watching tons of Hallmark movies and drinking lots of coffee. 

Speaking of coffee. I like it a lot.  I've even blogged about why on this post  about why sitting down and having face to face conversation with people is so important.  (you should go read it after you finish reading this post.)  But, I also enjoy just sitting down and having a delicious cup of coffee while enjoying my family or reading a book.  It allows me to slow down and savor the moment a little more than rushing through the hustle.  I think that's why Starbucks inside Target is such a gift, because it just brings opportunity to savor. . . even if you are just running in to grab one thing or you are their with your children who are using your cart as a jungle gym and begging to go look at toys (been there!). 

Last week, the Target closest to my house had been working on one of the bathrooms, which meant they were all closed and the Starbucks was closed.  I had already gone to a Starbucks before this particular trip in, but throughout the store, I couldn't help but notice the amount of moms, kids in tow, who were getting their grocery shopping done with a grim look on their face.  Kids were acting crazy as usual, but I'm sure that they had plans on surviving this particular pre-Christmas Target run with a Christmas Latte in their hands.  (side note: this particular Target location got rid of their cafe, which also means no popcorn or free fruit. . . so basically these moms were doomed).  Moms out there:  I saw you.  I didn't know you, but I really wanted to tell you it'll be okay and remind you to stop by the Starbucks drive through on the way home.  Maybe even drive the long way home so you can enjoy that coffee while your kids are strapped in their car seats.  But, I didn't because I'm not that crazy. 

There is something wonderful about a delicious cup of coffee or a latte.  There are so many Starbucks in our town, but there are also some amazingly delicious local coffee shops that I love to visit.  One in particular is this place called Two Cities.  They have the best lattes and rolled ice cream and are just so nice!  It's my husband's favorite place to go and just sit and talk (mine, too!).  My favorite latte is their Cardamon Vanilla and it's like a taste of heaven.  Seriously, it's delicious! Not too sweet and just enough spice. I can't always get over there and I don't always want to spend $6 on a latte (it adds up!).  So, when my husband decided to buy a Nespresso (not an ad. . . but it's awesome!), I tried making one and it was just like it!  So, now I can make them at home and it's wonderful! 

So, today.  As an early Christmas present, I am going to share one of my current favorite latte recipes with you, because you might need coffee to survive the pre-Christmas prep work. . . or just to enjoy while you fit in a couple more Hallmark Christmas movies in your pajamas.

Pick your milk and heat it up or steam it.  You can add froth by using one of those handheld, battery powered frother gadgets, or heat it in a mason jar, then put a lid on it and shake it up really hard.  I use this (and I love it!).  I use New Barn Barista Blend Almond Milk and it's fantastic!

Brew your coffee/espresso.  I used my Nespresso, but also recommend this for making espresso. 
If you are using the Nespresso, I used the larger cup setting, which is about 2 shots (I think. I really don't know).  

 Pour a splash or two of vanilla syrup into the coffee.  It's probably about 2 tsp. . . give or take.  I just eyeball it. 
 Sprinkle some ground cardamon.  It doesn't take much.  A little bit of this stuff goes a long way!  Trust me!
 See, just a sprinkle or two. 
 Pour in your warm, frothy milk and enjoy! 
Super easy!  Now, go read a book or bake some cookies or even better, call up a friend for a sponateous-at-home coffee date.  Don't worry about your house.  She won't mind that it's messy from wrapping presents and your kids are on vacation.  She'll enjoy the company, just like you.  I promise! 


Cardamon Vanilla Latte

Ingredients:
milk of your choice
Espresso
Vanilla Syrup
Ground Cardamon

Directions: 
Steam milk and brew espresso.  Pour a splash or two of vanilla syrup into your espresso.  Add a sprinkle or two of cardamon and top with steamed milk.

Easiest latte ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...