Friday, December 07, 2018

Christmas Joy Wreath

I have these high hopes of getting everything done for Christmas by next Friday.  I'm not even sure it's possible, but I can dream, right? The reality is I would really like to be able to do some fun things with the kids and NOT have to leave my house except for maybe a trip to the movies or to the store to stock up sparkling water. . . or milk(s) and applesauce because those are basically the three things that my family needs for survival.  Thank goodness for Amazon because they are doing most of the heavy lifting!  Last week, one of my main goals was to get the house decorated and I can proudly check that off my list.  Well, minus the strand of lights on the decorated tree that bit the dust last night.  Oops.  Anyways, the house is decorated and it's so warm and cozy all I everyone wants to do is snuggle next to the tree with a good book.  It's the best! 

When it comes to decorating for Christmas, I want to be festive, but not go broke decorating for a month.  I'm all for simple decor in a nice color scheme and each year I add a few things, like some dollar spot finds that I will share next week.  But, I kind of swooned when I saw Heidi Swapp post this wreath on her instagram.  I was just so simple and I just love me a word written in a cute scripty font.  When I went to check out how much her Christmas words were on her website, the were priced at $36 and well. . . that was out of my budget.  So, I went on a hunt.

JoAnns, Hobby Lobby and Michaels have seen a lot of me wandering their isles, because they all sell craft supplies but they all have different things.  I was hoping for some cut out wood words that sort of screamed Christmas, after all it was for my front door at Christmas time.  I was kind of disappointed when I didn't see anything and thought I would get online and see.  But, that never happened because we had make a quick run to a different Target than I had been at earlier and the first thing I saw was a white, wooden JOY sign.  Not only was it perfect for my wreath, but it was only 3 bucks!  I'm not sure if that's really a Christmas miracle, but it was an unexpected find in the dollar spot (and really, I don't know why I am so surprised, I have found so many amazing finds this year that I will share next week).
Adding the Joy to the basic wreath took about 10 minutes total of my time to make and I am so glad that I did.  I bought some red acrylic paint from the art section and painted it.  It would have probably been fine white, but mine was kind of scuffed and I really wanted red. . . I had a vision.    So, I painted about 3 coats.  When it was dry, I hammered two little nails in the back and winded some wire around both sides and just hung it from the wreath hook.  It's not that noticeable from far away and it works. This way I can just throw the wreath away later and keep the joy for another year and for another wreath.  The wreath is from Trader Joes. . . they have the best real wreaths and garlands (Well, they are just amazing period). 

I know that Christmas time is extra busy with class performances, nutcracker ballets, advent, and shopping, but I hope that you leave this blog today feeling inspired to create something beautiful, save a little money, and maybe feel energized by creating something.  Is there something that you have created this holiday season?  Tag me on instagram at @jolieklassen or on facebook at @outoftherightbrain. . . I would love to see what creative things you are doing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...