Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Valentine's Day Crayon fun! {Free printables}

Have you guys tried the new Valentine M&Ms?  They are triple chocolate and they are seriously amazing (I had one because any more than that will probably make me sick. . . dumb dairy allergy).  Oh well, they are delicious.  So, Valentine's Day is tomorrow and I just can't wait.  I know. . . probably every parent's least favorite thing, but I really like it.  I think I have almost everything ready, except for the stuff for their class party.  Who are we kidding, there is always something. 

I feel like I do almost the same thing every year, except last year because we did crayons for Weston's lego party favors.  I know that the whole crayon thing sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not at all.  I start after Christmas and spend about a week just randomly melting crayons in the oven.  It's done and out of the way before Weston's birthday and I don't feel like I'm rushing around trying to come up with something.  I really like the crayons because it helps us to recycle the crayons around the house and make something cute and original.  Also, it's not candy that will end up in the trash (well, these might too. . . who knows!). 
This year we were back to crayons and I ordered some new silicon candy molds on Amazon and they got to pick which ones they wanted.  Weston picked out stars and Ethan picked out Robots and we got to work.   The cool thing I realized was that these printable will work for just about anything that goes.  You can find erasers, tattoos and stickers and if you are really feeling like candy is your jam, Starburst candies would work pretty great for the "You're a Star" tag.  So, if your're in a crunch for time and don't really want to sit and peel tons of crayons, you can still use these tags for other things!  Crayons are kind of the way we roll, but I wanted to leave it open for you do do your own thing with it. 

The Robot printables fit perfectly in 3.75inch wide treat bags.  I just slid them in, stuck the robots and folded it over the back and taped it with some washi tape.  Ethan didn't have to write names on his, so he thought it would be funny to call everyone "you."  I love his goofy 10 year old sense of humor!  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to get the printable. 

The Star printables fit on a 2.25 inch wide treat bag.  I had some that I had bought for a party and then ended up not using.  The ones I used were made to stick those long pretzels in, but, I just stuck 3 stars in and trimmed the bag.  The tag folds over the top of the cello-bag and gets stapled together.  You can just cut off the back part of the tag if you just want to punch a whole in the corner and tie it with ribbon. 

I really wanted to leave lots of room where you could use your own creativity with these tags.  Don't just copy me, but do something that makes you proud and excited.  Also, I would love to see what you do with these.  Please share by sending me a direct message on Facebook or instagram or use #outoftherightbrainblog or tag @jolieklassen so I can see.

Here's the links to the printables:

ROBOT

YOU'RE A STAR

Here's the link to the molds we used. 

And, Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...