Monday, February 12, 2018

Glow Stick Valentines {Free Printable}

 The kids have today off and it is just this beautiful overcast day and all we want to do is hide inside and be lazy.   I am 100 percent okay with that.  Every now and then it's just kind of fun to take a break and watch tv all day and lay around in your pajamas.  We do, however, need to work on addressing Valentines for both kids to pass out on Wednesday, but that's kind of fun.

I know that Pinterest is full of wonderful ideas for Valentines, and we always opt for non candy treats.  I'm not exactly sure when Valentines switched to being treat plus card, but it does make it fun and teaches our kids to be generous and thoughtful and I am okay with that.  I'm not really okay with all the candy that makes its way into our house and I kind of feel bad that the majority of it goes in the trash (I am totally that mom!).  But, I know that my kids jump on the crazy train with too much dyes and so we avoid a lot of those candy.  Weston also has a food allergy, so really most chocolates (even the darks) that you buy at Target have milk in them and most of the candy has soy (even dum dums).  Thankfully, we always keep a stash of friendly candy so they don't seem to care. 

The past few years, we have made crayons using fun silicone ice cube trays with our old crayons and it has been so much fun!  We don't spend tons of money on them and they always are a hit.  I was full on ready to start making crayons when the kids ganged up on me and said NO MORE CRAYONS.  I was kind of sad because how else was I going to get rid of our stash? (I solved that problem very quick!).  You can find those printables on this page and the tutorial here.

This year, we decided to use glow sticks, because they are so much fun without all the sugar.  I spent some time searching for all the different sayings that could be used for glow sticks (Pinterest has some really great ideas floating around), and then designed my own with the idea I had going on up in that brain of mine. 

Here's how to make them.  Click on the link below and print them out on card stock and in color.  I ordered them on Office Depot's website and picked them up the next day.  Their copies always turn out super pretty!  It also doesn't waste my ink and I had to print them for two classes.  Then, I cut them out and whole punched them using a regular sized punch. I did this while finishing up the IF:Gathering streaming.  If you have bigger kids. . . totally put them to work!  The kids wrote the to and froms on the back and I put the glow sticks in because I didn't want them to break before they made it into their friends collection.  Super easy.  It also ended up costing about $10 all together for two classes.  Not too shabby, I think! 
 Also, I feel should say this:  Please use these for your own personal use.  

Post your finished product on instagram or Facebook and tag me @jolieklassen or use the hashtag #outoftherightbrainblog. . . I love to see what you all come up with! 

Happy Valentine's Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...