Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Connection Time {February 2018}




Wowzers, this month sure did fly by.  This month brought a bit of adventure, a sick kid, and the start of the kid's bedroom makeover. So, go grab a cup of coffee or your favorite drink and let's sit down and chat.  This is a chance for us to really get to know each other and make connections, like we would if we were going out to coffee.  I think that those connections and chatting time are so important.  

We are in the middle of painting and giving the boy's bedroom a makeover and my kids are sleeping in random places.  There are no complaints on their end. . . it's all so exciting! I think I am going to do an in process post because there are so often times when we just see the finished product and not all the stuff that happens in between.

The season of Lent started and I love it like I love Advent.  The preparation of our hearts for Christ's death and resurrection are just as important as preparing our heart for His birth.  It is so much more than giving up something for 6 weeks.  We are working our way through Exodus with She Reads Truth/He Reads Truth.  The cards they created for the kids are just so neat!  The kids honestly cannot wait until we do another card, and how much they remember is my favorite.  We will definitely be using this as an excuse to watch the Prince of Egypt when we are done! 

This year, I was put in charge of Bible Memory for our Bible Study and I will have to tell you that I absolutely love it.  It's an area where I actually struggle in and am loving finding fun ways to inspire the ladies (and myself) to memorize our theme verse!  I am loving the exercise of coloring a verse.  It is not only relaxing and fun, but it also is time to pray through the verse and work on memorizing it while your hands are busy being creative. 

Here are some other little tidbits:

Outside my window  the rain that happened earlier is now drying up and the sun in peeking out from behind the clouds.  The lemons are extra pretty right now as they soak in that warm sun!  In other news, our plum tree is enjoying our spring like conditions and has started blooming.  Baby plums are on their way!

I am thinking
of how peaceful it is right now and how I had better not get too soaked into my writing time and forget to go pick up those sweet boys of mine.  Ha Ha!

From the kitchen
I made these granola bars last night, which I haven't made in quite some time.  They were a huge hit, especially since they are dairy and soy free!  My husband brought home some meyer lemons that are screaming to be made into something as well as the 2 ripe bananas on my counter.  I only have so much flour until thursday. . . so what to make?

I am wearing yoga pants right now (i was painting), but here's one my favorite outfits right now: these cuffed jeans, striped t shirt, and a sweater.  Absolutely loving the basics right now!

I am creating a big boy room for my two boys.  They share a bedroom and there were just some changes that needed to be made in order for it to be more functional and fit the personalities of our quickly growing boys.  Stay tuned to my instagram to see the play-by-play or wait patiently for the wrap up blog post. 


I am going to coffee with a friend tonight. That sounds just so frivolous, but it is seriously one of the best things.  Time with friends is just as valuable to your soul and well being.  I am a much better person because of the people I surround myself with.

I am reading
nothing right now.  Well, I started a book by Loraine Snelling last week and haven't picked it up since.  Ha ha.  Tomorrow, I am going to start a Wrinkle in Time with Ethan (since the movie looks amazing!) and I am reading Charlotte's Web with Weston before bed.  I also have a pile of magazines to peruse through.  

I am hoping
that it rains some more this week. We haven't  had enough and they are my favorite days. period.

I am hearing
the kids do their chores.  For some reason it sounds like dinosaurs are invading.  The reality is:  I am a mom of boys!  (also, I didn't forget to pick them up. . . in case you were worried!)
 
Around the House
there is chaos.  We are in the middle of a room redo and last week and the floors are desperate for cleaning. I will be honest with you, some days are like that.  In fact, things have been a bit crazy, so when one of my kids specifically asked for a cuddle date, we dropped everything for some cuddle time.  Sometimes there are more important things than clean floors!

 
One of my favorite things 
is my bike.  I've only ridden it once, but I might be in love.  There's nothing fancy pants about it, just a hybrid cruiser from Target.  And a cup to carry my coffee, obviously.  My helmet came in the mail yesterday and now we can go on family bike rides, since everyone can officially ride a bike! 

A few plans for the week:

  : paint
  : Paint
  : finish painting
  : enjoy the rain
  : have coffee and pastries with the hubby

oh and make cupcakes.  Because, we can. 
 
What I am listening to right n
ow is the Disney Hits station on Apple Music.  It has been my painting music because I can blare it full blast. . . and sing along, because nobody's home!  (Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?)  I've also been listening to Dianne Michelle.  Dianne did the worship at the Aspire conference that was held at our church last weekend.  She has a beautiful voice and is was paired quite wonderfully with the laughter of Anita Renfroe! 


 Now, it's your turn!  Grab your coffee and let's connect! You don't have to do them all! I can't wait to hear from you! You can even private message me if you don't want to make it public.  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to 

1 comment:

  1. Outside my window: I hear my dog working and I have he is not home so that always gets me a little bit nervous. But I think the neighbors just pulled in so I won’t worry about it
    I am thinking: About how we will be tackling cleaning out our rental we plan on selling hopefully very soon. Goes up on the market this Thursday. However our renters still need to get all their stuff out which gives me barely a few hours to get it cleaned up and ready to show by Friday.
    From the kitchen: The lights are out and the kitchen is closed
    I am wearing: A cozy loose Sarah Bently sweater I was given as a gift over 13 years ago. By far my favorite on these cold winter nights!
    I am creating: Space in our house by selling off a few home Decour items and furniture.
    I am going: I’m going to be homeschooling Olivia next year. It’s been on my heart and she has desired it for two years now. I finally feel like my heart is in the right place and I’m excited about this new adventure.
    I am reading: A mom after Gods own heart for the third time! SO many great reminders!!
    I am hoping: our rental house sells quick. We cant afford two morgages for long!
    I am hearing: A very loud fan in our hallway that drowns out all the noise as the Littles fall asleep
    Around the House: We will be getting all new flooring! Wood flooring in the majority of the house and new carpet in the living room and kids bedrooms!
    One of my favorite things: Recently I’ve loves talking about memories with the kids I love story telling about my childhood or early adult years with the kids. And they often times stare at me wide-eyed when I tell some of the stories!

    Love you Jolie! 😘 I cant wait to see that boys room! And you’ve inspired me to do better in memorizing up my Bible verses!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...