Friday, March 13, 2015

Panera Copycat Pumpkin Muffins (oddly posted in spring!)

There  are so many things about this post that seem wrong.  Today was a whopping 81 degrees (I apologize to all of my East coast friends are literally freezing the day away!).  It's a post that should have been done months ago, when the leaves were changing colors and not blooming beautiful flowers.  But, Ethan and the rest of his kindergarten friends have been talking about the seasons and yesterday he came home declaring his favorite season fall, because he likes the golden leaves.  At that point, I knew I had done my job as his mother. . . because really, fall is the best! And, because of all that talk about fall, I decided that pumpkin muffins should be made. . . and then I realized I hadn't blogged about this recipe yet (FAIL).  I obviously had to make these. . . it's a good thing I keep a stash of pumpkin year round!

These muffins quickly became my go-to recipe this past fall.  I made them for Jon's work peeps, for breakfast, for Bible study. . . for just about everything!  They are so good.  I think it's the snow powdered sugar.  Or maybe, it's just because they are a simple copycat of Panera's Pumpkin muffins.  I mean, who doesn't like Panera?  It's one of our favorite places! In fact, I just have to mention the word souffle and Ethan jumps in the car ready to go.  This recipe only makes about 12. . . which isn't really enough, by the time you test taste them, and then another for good measure, and then eat some more for dessert.  I mean, you just might have enough for breakfast the next morning if you ration them out.  In fact, you should probably just make a double batch to be on the safe side, because my single batch is barely going to be enough for tomorrow for breakfast. But, then again, that might not last all that long either!  My kids have been eating them any chance they get!

Panera Copycat Pumpkin Muffins
adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


Directions:
In your favorite mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin, oil, and eggs.   Stir in sugar and spices.   Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and gently stir in until well mixed.  DO NOT over mix your batter.  Line muffin tin with liners and fill 3/4 full to make a great muffin top.  Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about 25 minutes.  Cool on wire rack and sift powdered sugar over the tops (if you don't wait til cool, the sugar will absorb into the muffin instead of leaving a white topped muffin).

* my favorite muffin liner are these.

** I use a tool like this for my powdered sugar.

5 comments:

  1. Why do you have have pumpkin pie spice twice in the ingredients list? Shouldn't there be some cinnamon too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have have pumpkin pie spice twice in the ingredients list? Shouldn't there be some cinnamon too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used another recipe where the cinnamon was mixed with the tablespoon of sugar and sprinkled on top then baked. Is this what it is suppose to say? The recipe I used before and pinned was removed 😥

      Delete
  3. Martha, thanks for asking. That is definitley a typo and I have fixed it. It's just 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. I fixed it in the original post. Thanks again for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if you don't have canned pumpkin but you have an already processed pumpkin in your freezer...nsame thing right?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...