Friday, December 09, 2022

Sparks of Joy (and links I'm loving)

 

 Whew!  It's been a minute.  Life got a tad crazy over here. . . but good crazy.  It dawned on me this morning that next week will be the first week there has been no after school sports practice since the night before the first day of school. . . and it's the last week of school before break!  We have survived 2 soccer seasons (rec and school) and cross country plus, so many other things that happen in between all that.  It has been fun, but we are longing for the rest that Christmas vacation will bring.  

There are so many things that have been bringing me joy lately.  In a season where the weather is gloomy (I love it!) and budgets are tights (thank you, inflation), it may be hard to find those sparks of joy.  But, they are there. . . just waiting for us to look up from our phones or look past the negative reels and find a funny one and just let out a little chuckle. . . it's good for the soul!  

Here are some of them:

Jon took me to San Francisco for my birthday last month and it was simply, so refreshing to have a change of pace and just relish in a weekend away.  We managed to get into the Top of the Mark (a really nice cocktail bar at the top of the Intercontinental hotel on Nob Hill) right as the sun was setting.  It was such a clear night (Karl, the fog, didn't make crash our party!) that we could see all over.  Plus, the food and drinks were great!  If you are in the area, I highly recommend the visit! (they have great mock tail menu, too!)  

Amanda, over at @graccieone has started up #miniquiltmonday and even though life has been crazy, it has done my heart so much good to get each weekly block done.  This week was the cozy house block and it is seriously the cutest!  Here's mine.  

I got this cookbook for my birthday and I've already used it once to make the most delicious butternut squash and Italian sausage pasta.  It was a huge hit. . . even with the teen and tween!

I think that this cake is needing to be baked. 

 Fall walks are my favorite.  The crunching of the colorful leaves and the time to think or listen to a podcast is just so peaceful.  

I just bought this sweater and I want to wear it all the time!  It's so cozy and soft!

I've been playing around with this tutorial.  It's so easy and relaxing and it might just make a dent in my fabric stash! 

I've also been playing with these!  This is so much fun!  Hallmark movies and creating for the win! 

We played this game the other night and it was so much fun! Also, the kids noticed UNO now has notches so if you are color blind, you can still play!!!

And finally, Target dollar spot has glass trees again!  Be still my heart!! 

I'll be honest with you, busy seasons are hard and finding time to create is hard.  But, I know, the way I am wired, if I don't I start to go a little crazy.  So small projects are my jam. . . So right now, as things are kind of hectic (but slowing down), the things that are bringing me the greatest joy are often the small creative projects lying around.  

What things are bringing you joy this week?  Post yours in the comments or over on the social medias. . . i love hearing from you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...