Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bistro Chicken Salad

Happy First Day of FALL!!!! Today is definitely a fall day (kind of) here at home. I have all the windows open and am cozying up in my sweat pants and a hoody. . . not because it's cold outside, but because I have all the windows open and the cool air blowing in made me cold. I LOVE IT!!!!! I will be sad in about 24 hours when the summer fights to come back (it's supposed to be in the upper 90's. . . bummer).

I have really enjoyed just vegging and working on finding our Master Bedroom (I think a hurricane must have hit over the summer). I spent the morning buying fabric for an upcoming project of baby stuff (For MOPS centerpieces). Can I just say that I LOVE fabric!!!! I am excited to get stuff washed and get down to business next week! I am also looking forward to trying out a new Pumpkin Bread recipe that is supposed to be divine. . . that should happen today (great way to welcome fall!).

But first, I must share this amazing recipe. This summer, my table-mates from MOPS were invited to our mentor mom's house for some food and swimming with our munchkins. It was such a wonderful day and a nice opportunity to relax and enjoy the summer. Our Mentor Mom, Gail, made this amazing salad. . . and I made it for Ethan's birthday.
Bistro Pasta Chicken

2 cups cooked penne or rotini pasta, drained
1 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered (I used whole grape tomatoes)
1 4 oz pkg. Atheneos crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
1/2 cup prepared Caesar salad dressing (Paul Newman's was recommended so that's what I used...the regular, not his creamy Caesar)
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned and lightly packed
1/4 cup each red onion and sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled or broiled and cut into 1/4 inch slices (I had my husband grill me up some chicken the night before the party. . . it just gives it a nice flavor).
Mix all ingredients. Serve warm or chilled. 4 servings



Have a great First Day of Fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...