Thursday, December 11, 2014

Chocolate Chip Muffin time!

Right now, I am sitting in bed watching Gilmore Girls (thank you, Netflix!) and writing this post.  I've been waiting all day for some rain.  I got some beautiful clouds and saw some amazing pictures of the craziness to the North of us.  Our rain is starting and I should probably go to bed at some point, but right now. . . it's me, you, and the Gilmore Girls sitting down to a nice warm latte and girl talk (sorry, if you are a guy reading this).  We will also eat these scrumptious muffins, because really, they are amazing. . .and food goes really well with latte's and conversation.  

I've made these muffins several times and they are always a huge hit!  Although, I am pretty sure that anytime I feed the kids chocolate for breakfast, I get the Mom of the Year award.  I think that it's all about the sprinkling of sugar sprinkles on top of any muffin makes them better. . . I'm sure that I'm not the only one?   






Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla (I always just eyeball it)
1 cup mini dark chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Line your muffin tin with your favorite liners.  (Right now I am really digging these liners).  

Mix together eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.  Carefully fold in the dry ingredients.  Be careful not to overmix the batter (a big no-no for muffin making).  Fold in the chocolate chips.  

I like to use a cookie scoop to scoop the batter into the muffin liners.  Fill almost all the way to the top and sprinkle with sprinkles (so that sounded repetitive!).  Bake at 425 for 5 minutes and then lower the temp to 375 and bake for 25 minutes.  I always forget to raise the temp for the second round of muffins, and they seem to bake very nicely at 375 for the whole time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...