Friday, December 19, 2014

A Christmas Treat for you {Free printable!}

I'm sitting here enjoying a beautiful overcast sky (praying for rain) and drinking a gingerbread latte (I'm going to miss them!).  I survived another trip to Target (we go there often) and am now soaking in a quiet morning.  I just know that once 1:30 rolls around there is going to be some CRAZY going on.  Ethan was so excited to get to wear his PJ's to school!  Easiest morning of getting ready.ever!  Can they make Pajamas part of the normal dress code?   In fact, I am preparing for 3 weeks of CRAZY!  But, I am prepared!  The Kinetic sand will make an appearance, some new playdough is in the works (thank you Pinterest!), and crafts are getting organized.  We will survive!!!  
This past fall, I have had the most wonderful opportunity to co-lead a table of amazing women though the study of Gideon.  My co-leader has been wonderful and I can't wait to start a new Beth Moore study in January.  Last week, we wrapped up Gideon with a festive table and treats and some really fun games.  I made all the ladies some of this yummy bread and created a fun treat tag go along with it.  This bread is one of my favorite go-to recipes!  I just can't get enough of it!  I even gave some to Ethan's teacher, who also loved it (although, I think she had to keep it away from her son!).  

Mini loaves are awesome, because you can make  one batch of quick bread and get several loaves of bread, depending on the size of your loaf pan.  Several years ago, I was gifted these by my in-laws and seriously they are THE BEST!  I will worn you, William-Sonoma's goldtouch pans are awesome.  I am thinking about putting the cookie sheets on my wishlist.  America's Test Kitchen gives them their highest rating!  I can usually get about 6 mini loaves with this recipe! 

You should make this.  Tonight.  And then give them to your neighbors and friends in the morning.  It'll be fun.  I promise!  





Go here to get the printable.  


 
Orange Glazed Poppy Seed Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/8 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp imitation butter flavor*

Glaze:
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp each of vanilla, almond, and butter flavorings

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Spray your mini pans with Pam. 
Mix together all the ingredients.  Beat for 2 minutes.  
Pour batter into bread pans and bake for 55 minutes (may be less time depending on the size of your pans.  I would set it for 30 and work your way up).

While bread is baking, make the glaze.  Whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.  Glaze evenly over the hot bread  and allow to cool before removing.  The glaze will get hard and add such a wonderful flavor to the bread.

*I found imitation butter flavoring at Michael's in the cake decorating section.  Mine is by Wilton.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...