Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Weston's Skateboard Birthday Party

 

Welp, our youngest went and did it!  He turned 12! Please excuse me while I just take a moment and cry my eyes out. Okay, maybe I'm kidding.  While I completely miss the little kid phase, this tween and teen phase is really fun!  It really does fly by in a blink! 

This year, Weston has decided that he's really into skateboards and started learning how to skate just after Christmas.  It has been really fun to watch him learn a new skill and in the process hook both Jon and Ethan in the adventure too! 

I'll be honest, planning fun themes for big kids is REALLY, REALLY hard.  So, I jumped on the Skateboard theme.  This year's party was mostly family and friends that are like family and so I didn't plan any activities and prayed the rain would hold off so we could set up yard games.  It ended up being really wet (hello unusual California storms) and so we just had the ping pong table set up in the garage.  The cousins had plenty to do!  

For this party we decided to take advantage of the iconic Vans brand checker print and accent it with some fun colors and tech deck ramps.  I made the artwork using some clip art I found on Etsy (I'll link it at the bottom).  We filled the table with some of Weston's favorite foods, like churros, chips, and cupcakes and also added some fun snacks like goat cheese and a simple, small charcuterie. I don't think anyone left hungry! 

I found some fun streamers from Target that we thumb tacked to the ceiling and added some checkerboard bunting to the hutch behind the table.  It popped and I loved it!

 The tech deck ramps stayed on the table for about 5 minutes before the boys moved them to the floor to play with.  It worked for decor and also for entertainment! They were a big hit!  We also bought tech decks for favors, so all the kids went home with their own fingerboard.  

This party was a blast!  It's so much fun to celebrate this kid!  And yes, I am in shock that he's 12, but behind the shock is just amazement at what this kid brings to our family and to the world.  He is full of joy, loves to help, and you just can't help smile when he's around! 

 

Wanna throw your own party?  Here are some links:

:: skateboard clip art 

:: paper goods

:: Tech Deck boards 

:: ramps

:: Weston's shirt (It was in his Stitch Fix box that came the day before his birthday!   Perfect timing!)

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...