Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I am in complete shock that it already November (a little side note that I am roasting in our warm November weather!). Last week, was a whirlwind week so I am trying to play catch up on my blogs, projects, and packing. So, in addition to pumpkin, I love spices. Mmmm. . . the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves just melts me to pieces. I love it! So, I found this recipe for chai snickerdoodles and baked them up with eagerness. They were delicious! The extra spices in the dough add the perfect touch to an already delicious cookie! You can find the recipe here. I couldn't resist the taste of these and baked the whole batch. Yes, they were THAT good! After realizing that I baked the whole batch and couldn't eat them all (well. . . I could, but I am hoping to stay at my pre-pregnancy weight through the holidays), so I needed a way to get rid of them (They were too good to give to the trash can). One of my favorite blogs, Skip to my Lou had a great idea. I am not a scary Halloween fan, but this one just looked so fun, that I couldn't resist. I put my cookies in a cute bag, tied it with a ribbon, and gave them to my friends with this "BOO" door knob hanger.


The other side says:
This Halloween Ghost has come to town.
To leave some goodies. . . I see you've found.
Put this ghost upon your door as a sign to your friends to Boo you no more.
If you wish to make this a happier fall, continue this greeting, this ghostly call.
Gather some treats and deliver them soon,
Within two nights, by the light of the moon.
Don't let them see you, be sneaky at night.
Ring the doorbell, be fast, and stay out of sight.
The directions you need are found on this site
to make ghost door hangers for this fun night.
Check the web for the letter to boo,
It's all right there on Skip to my Lou.
This is all in good fun and we're trying to say
Happy Halloween and have a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...