Friday, November 27, 2009

A new milestone. . .


Last week I celebrated my 30th birthday and I think I am in denial. I thought my family and I were just going to celebrate it quietly at home, but little did I know that my dear, sweet husband planned a surprise party with some friends and family. I was completely caught offguard! But, I feel so blessed to have a fantastic husband and great friends who would go behind my back to plan something like that (thanks Jon, Steph, and Josh!!!!). In honor of my 30th birthday, everyone dressed in black to mourn the loss of my 20's. And mourn them, I did.

My 20's were filled with so many adventures that I thought I would take some time to remember them for a moment.
:: Moved to Fresno
:: Traveled to El Salvador on a missions trip with my church
:: Graduated from Fresno State with my BA
:: Received my credential from FSU
:: Spent 2 years subbing
:: Attended Urbana Missions Conference (where I met my husband)
:: Taught for 4 years, moving schools 3 times and classrooms 5 times,
:: Got married to my wonderful husband, Jon
:: Traveled to Las Vegas and Chicago,Seattle, Oregon, and many of the western states
:: Gave birth to one cute little baby boy
:: Traveled and explored San Francisco too many times to count

And now I am 30. I am not sure what 30 is supposed to feel like, but I do know that I am going to dive right in and continue living life to the fullest. There are so many things that I want to do. The first is to move into my new house. I am looking forward to this upcoming adventure of being a homeowner and the many more adventures that follow.

So, bring on the 30's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...