Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ethan turns 4 {cookies & milk party}

We have been so busy the last few weeks having so much fun! I haven't had a whole lot of time to sit down and and blog until now, so first off . . . Ethan turned 4!  I can't believe that my little boy is  no longer a toddler. . . seriously, where has the time gone?  He has such a heart for learning new things and creating new things in fact, he can't wait until he can start school. . . . like his cousin Logan.  He has been keeping us busy with soccer, swim lessons, and zoo trips.  For this year's birthday, he picked out the theme Cookies & Milk.    It was so much fun to put together! 
This was our table.  I went with basic colors. . . red, blue, yellow, orange, and brown.  I loved the simplicty of the balloons behind the table.  They didn't last long, though.  As soon as the party got under way, Ethan was crawling under the table to get balloons for all his friends!
I stuck cookies in apothecary jars and a trifle bowl.  The cookies were Peanut Butter Snickers, Chocolate Chip, Nutter Butters (I bought them at the store), homemade Oreo Cookies, Cookies and Cream Cupcakes, Marshmallow Monster Cookies, Oatmeal M&M cookies, Brownie Pops and Chocolate Sugar Cookies.


They all turned out amazing and I may not make another cookie for awhile. . . we'll see. . . we love cookies at our house!

I printed square labels using pictures created on my Creative Memories Software . . . Super fun! And I found milk in glass jars for less than 3 dollars a piece at Whole Foods!  I just added the syrup to make them chocolate and strawberry.  Super fun! 
The favors were so much fun.  I bought the mini cookies at the store and put them in tiny mason jars attatched some ribbon and a tag that said, Just add Milk.

And with every birthday, Ethan has to have his number 4 shirt. . . I barely finished it (the day of the party).  But, he was so proud to have his shirt.  I was thankful the shirt was really thin, because despite being a beautiful September day, it was triple digit weather!




My 4 year old!
Lastly, I love having something tangible for the kids to do at parties. To go along with Cookies and Milk theme, I baked up some yummy sugar cookies and had frosting (store bought. . . sorry).  I put the frosting in fun decorating bottles from Pampered Chef, and scattered bowls of sprinkles around the table.  I also bought some fun brown treat bags from a store called Sweet.  The kids never used them. . . they never made them home.  They went straight to their bellies.

It was such a fun afternoon celebrating my first born son!  He is such a blessing in my life!  Thanks, Ethan for letting me throw you a fun party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...