Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Banana Chocolate Espresso Muffins


 I've been avoiding my computer lately.  Last week, I was on survival mode with the hubby out of town and then the election happened and well. . . it wasn't pretty.  So much hatred on both sides that it made me so sad.  So I avoided blogging and computering. . . and hung out with my boys.  We cuddled and vegged and it was wonderful!  We even snuck away to the mountains for a few hours. 

But now that the election is over, let me share this amazing recipe that will make you so happy. . . especially if you have some super ripe muffins laying around.  And chocolate, well. . . that goes with out saying!  Plus, the added flavor of the espresso powder just makes this muffins completely amazing! This recipe will guarantee to make you happy. . . even if just for a moment.  These are going to quickly become one of your favorite go-to recipes. I am sure of it! 

The espresso powder is great to add to a chocolate because it makes it much richer.  My husband and kids (who all three don't do coffee) devoured these up super quick! 

I highly recommend baking a batch and taking a couple to a friend, teacher, or co-worker and just spreading some love and good cheer. . . I think there are a lot of people out there that just need someone to encourage them!




Banana Chocolate Esppresso Muffins
adapted from Bake from Scratch

Ingredients:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
11/2 Tbsp espresso powder
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 T molasses
1 t vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line your favorite muffin tin with some fun liners or use these ones (they are my favorite!). 

In the microwave, melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.  Set aside and let it cool off while you make the muffin batter.

 In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients.  Make a well in the middle and add banana, eggs, oil, buttermilk, molasses and vanilla.  Stir until just moistened.  Spoon 1 1/2 cups batter into bowl with chocolate and espresso powder.  Spoon banana batter into your muffin pan.  Add chocolate mixture to the top of banana mixture and swirl around with a skewer.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes so you don't burn your tongue on that first bite. 

Happy Baking!

* I don't usually have buttermilk on hand, but adding a Tsp of vinegar to the 1/4 cup of milk will give the same effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...