Thursday, March 09, 2017

Weston's quilt

I am really good at starting projects.  Like really, REALLY, REALLY good. Seriously.  I buy the supplies, I get the project started and then. . .

and then. . .

LIFE happens.  You guys, this life thing.  It's really getting in the way.  Just kidding. 

The problem is that life happens, I stop working on something for a while and then "awhile" turns into months and, in this case, years.  It must stop.  This year, I am working on finishing things that have been previously started, set aside, and kind of forgotten. 

One of my first projects, I worked on this year, was finishing Weston's quilt.  I bought the fabric at one of my favorite quilt shops on a trip to Morro Bay.  We fell in love with this line of fabric  with surfboards, plaids, turtles, and hibiscus flowers.  We loved the blues and oranges.  The fabric is called Little Surfer Boy, by Jamie Wood for Clothworks.  I knew instantly that this was the fabric that I wanted to make Weston's quilt out of.
I came home from vacation and cut out my pieces and then got right to work.  I used the tutorial for the disappearing nine patch by Cluck Cluck Sew.  It was super easy. I just got busy with other things that came up, that it actually sat almost finished for over a year on our office chair.  Yep.  I sat on it to get things done.  So this year, I made a plan and got focused.  This quilt would be finished before Weston's 6th birthday.  I was sure of it.  

Then, I messed up.  I was in a hurry and was quilting the top with simple straight lines.  And I ended up going all the way through instead of stopping.  I was so frustrated.  My mom, graciously took it home and seam ripped it (I think she's a saint!), and then finished binding it for me.  If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have this done in time for his birthday.  She's a life saver! 

This year, I am working on finishing some project that I've started and have been forgotten due to life just getting busy.  Be on the lookout for more quilts and other fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...