Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Back to School Time

My kids went back to school this week and I am pooped!  No more staying up super late and sleeping in <insert super sad mommy face here>.   I don't know about you, but first week of school is exhausting for everybody.  I'm finally getting my cup of coffee in at 4pm as I type this.   Readjusting to our school schedule is hard on everyone.  Weston fell asleep yesterday after school. . . it's effecting even my early riser (it was the sweetest thing)!

Whether or not you've started school or are still on summer vacation mode, I thought I would put together a post of some of my favorite back to school posts about things that have helped us keep our sanity and have fun with the school year.

Helpful Tips from last year:
I wrote this post last year and still love everything about it.  These were last year's Before School Lists and although I made new ones for this year, they are pretty much the same.  This helps so much with making them responsible for getting ready in the mornings.  It's not always perfect, they still have their slow moving mornings every now and then, but this keeps us going and helps us get out the door.  It also helps me be able to get myself ready. . . that is big (I am NOT a morning person!).

There are also tips about homework on this post which are kind of fun!  Go check it out here.

Spoil your child's teacher (They love it!)
Here's the link to this free printable and the directions on how to make it look like you took a bite out of a cookie.  SO much fun and the teachers feel so loved!  We do this every year and it's always a hit!

I also have a post here that explains why I do the whole cookie thing.
Lunchtime Inspiration
Making sure your kids eat a healthy, balanced lunch is a bit intimidating.  Here's a post I wrote about how we pack lunches and some ideas to get you started.

There is also another post here.

 Getting back into a routine once school starts is welcome adjustment.  We love our lazy, adventurous days of summer.  But, it was time to go back to school.  This year, I have a third grader and a first grader and I am thinking that it is going to be my busiest year yet.  I'm excited.  

I hope you all have a wonderful start back to school and let me know if you are exhausted, too.  I'd like to know I'm not the only one (ha ha!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...